Cachet Boutique
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$296
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$170
$309
$266
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Millennium Hilton New York Downtown(New York City)(Great Value!)
$215
$197
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$213
$192
$188
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$225
$195
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Lotte New York Palace(New York City)
$535
  • Bar/Lounge
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$98
  • Breakfast included
Salisbury Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$133
Orbitz.com
1,435 results
All reviewsshared roomspa areasteam roomhot tubhell's kitchennew yorktimes squarejavits centerfriendly hotelbunk bedscommon areasthird floorport authorityfew blockshudson rivertubsnoise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Bring ear plugs if staying on a Saturday night - or go and join the party.
Highly recommend to single travellers or friends travelling together.
The 4 room dorms are very clean and quite private.
The only downside is the shower needs a screen door to stop the water on the floor - or an extra shelf to put clothes on.
Staff were uber lovely.
Highly recommend this to anyone - straight or gay.
Highlight - the spa and jacuzzi!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is a boutique hotel, the place to chilling out after shopping in Times Square, the decor is trendy this is my cup of tea defo.
The hotel is so well situated you can walk anywhere from it.
The staff what can I say, typical New Yorker, amazing, charming and always happy to help with Kai behind the bar yu can't go wrong, after 20 years in customer service I never experience this in any city in Europe!!!
Had diner also once and the food was great the best fish and chips I had.
The night club play great music and the atmosphere is good, drinks are not expensive.
Keep the good work guys can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Ok, some reviewers comment on the noise, granted, this is not the quietest hotel in the world, and in the room I was in I could hear distant muffled music but it wasn't enough to keep me awake and it was a close call to say what was loudest, the distant music or the air con, neither of which were even close to enough to keep me awake. This is a mid Manhattan hotel, it isn't going to be silent, if you want silence don't stay in Manhattan.

The staff were very helpful and check in was a breeze. The hotel feels more like a tiny resort and uses the communal space well. The room was spotlessly clean and the bathroom came with good quality toiletries and lovely white fluffy towels. The room was much bigger than other rooms in this price range and vicinity. Everywhere looks freshly renovated and has an airy modern feeing to it. It is a very gay friendly hotel but this was not something that was immediately apparent and unless you are in the know and looking for it you probably wouldn't notice.

For location, room standard, room size and price this will be hard to beat. When I come back to Manhattan this is where I will be staying.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The Out NYC appears to be everything you would assume a boutique hotel to be; a gay themed hotel for the jet set interested in boutique pampering. However, upon closer inspection things begin to unravel. For example, my rude awakening at 2:45am by loud and obnoxious drunks playing loud games on the second level courtyard was completely unreasonable. My breakfast, not included with the price of the hotel was cold and the eggs improperly cooked. I ended up at CVS down the street for breakfast.

Room Tip: Check with the concierge about getting a room away from the courtyard if you value sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Brett M
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I was headed to NYC for a convention at the Javits Center. I booked this room via Priceline, and I didn't feel I received any lesser quality accommodations or services at the hotel. As soon as I booked it, I called the hotel to request a quiet room and they said they would make a note of it. When I arrived, I wasn't able to check in yet but they found my reservation with the "quiet room" request. I stored my luggage and went about my day, returning around 4 to check in.

When I checked in, I was given room on the third floor. I LOVED my room, and if I get the chance to return next year, I'll be staying at the OUT again and I'll request that room. The room was large for a NYC hotel room. I never felt claustrophobic and I had a ton of space to spread out. I was able to unpack my clothes and store them in the closet space in the bathroom. I appreciated the spacious vanity, and all the storage the bathroom provided. They give you full sized soaps. shampoo (that my hair didn't like but my hair is super picky), and lotion (that I the best I've ever used). You also get a small ironing board, iron, and hairdryer.

The bed was large and comfy. The large mirror behind the bed makes the room feel twice as large, and I haven't even gotten to the best part yet. This room had a skylight over the bed! It was wonderful to come back 'home' in the middle of the day after being in the less than wonderful Javits Center, to lay down and be able to look up at the sky.

Now to address the noise issue from the club. Again, i had asked for a quiet room because I read reviews of how loud it can be. Even in my room I would hear the occasional rhythmic beat of music at late hours, but frankly I was too tired to be bothered by it. Now had my room been closer to the club, I doubt I would have been able to sleep through it. Another noise "problem" as some say, is the AC unit. Yes, the AC is loud, but it works! Don't you want a working AC with a new thermostat, in the summer?

One other note. When I got to my room that first night, I was sent a welcome plate of fruit and an invitation for a guest mixer. It was really a wonderful place to stay. And don't get me started on its the perfect location!!!

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are quieter, and might have a skylight.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business