“The out is simply IN”
Review of The Out NYC

The Out NYC
Ranked #253 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I have stayed at the Out now at least five times and you simply cannot get all of the amazing amenities for the cost at this awesome boutique hotel. I stay in hotels across the country way too much and I can honestly say it is one of my top two favorite hotels in the US. The staff are wonderful, the rooms are spacious for Manhattan, the location is great and it is so nice having a huge gym to work out in on the road, it really helps with the guilt when you are eating out so much!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
OUT_NYC_Manager, General Manager at The Out NYC, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dear Sean C,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We delighted to read your positive feedback and flattering comments concerning our service. We are proud to be your home away from home and look forward to many more visits.

There are newer reviews for The Out NYC

Reviewed May 17, 2014

All staff i encountered during my too short 1 night stay were very friendly and smiling from the moment i walked in at front desk to the maid the next morning who kindly offered to take a picture of me in the outside garden! The room was great and location couldn't be more perfect!! The only regret i had was that i had to go out of the room and go downstairs at the restaurant to get my "important" first two cups of morning coffee. Hope they add coffee machine in the rooms, that's the only thing missing. The room was clean, very nice bathroom, facing the garden was great and also quiet as i asked! Definately will go back if i can get a great deal like for that first time! Also loved my first time visit in NYC, what a great city, i wanna go back this summer!! ;+)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
OUT_NYC_Manager, General Manager at The Out NYC, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Denis P,

Thank you for your wonderful review from your recent stay with us! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Most sincerely,

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I just spent 8 nights at The Out and my experience couldn't be any better. Location is great, the staff, very friendly and the hotel itself is super clean and comfortable.

I was a bit wary when I arrived after reading reviews about the noise from the club next door and, honestly, I didn't have any major issues with that. I stayed in a dorm (room 107) and yes, I could hear a little bit of noise on Friday and Saturday nights. Honestly, though, my feeling is that some people just overreact a bit. It was absolutely nothing that could disturb my sleep at all.

I strongly recommend the place and I'll definitely be back when visiting NYC again in a couple of months from now.

Room Tip: If the noise is something that worries you, ask the staff to be far from the club. But I really mean...
1  Thank Renatinha22

Dear Renatinha22,

Most sincerely,

Reviewed May 14, 2014

My regular jaunts were booked for a last minute trip to NY so I ventured to OUT NY for a 4-night stay. Good price, nice enough rooms. No doorman to help with luggage from the curb but when I found help, it was EXCELLENT. The bellman/housekeeping/all-around-dude greeted me, got everything and showed me around. Part of the show and tell was a "pool party" without a pool even going on at on of the 3 luscious outdoor areas on the 2nd floor. 300 boys in their underwear, and we are not talking your granny's underwear or body!! I wash't in Kansas anymore.

So I got to the room and ordered room service. Too long later a great-greasy burger came up with a napkin about the size and quality of one piece of 1-ply toilet paper. No glass, no ice for my beverage and a $9 delivery charge on top of 18% gratuity and another service charge. B-fast its restaurant downstairs and room service the next day was no better, but the food was all delicious.

The real star of the the stay was the in-house masseur. A pro, a great pro -- and nice to talk to. I am still feeling the positive effect of his cupping treatment and more. I don't know that I'd come back because I really depend on room service and being able to eat. I couldn't get a bottle of drinking water at midnight… but it definitely cool if you want to be gay, and comfortable in the big city

Room Tip: Stay away from the well walked corridors unless you want the cruisey areas...
1  Thank MikeLudin
OUT_NYC_Manager, General Manager at The Out NYC, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear MikeLudin,

We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us at THE OUT. Additionally, we are thrilled that you found our staff inviting and friendly. We pride ourselves on selecting some of the top representatives in New York. Please contact us directly to book your next reservation, we will be delighted to assist you in person. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I recently booked The Out simply because of its proximity (walking distance) to the Javits Center where I was attending a large charity function. The rooms are OK, although the building is like a motel with exterior corridors which frame a small "courtyard" with a hot tub. Also, there are only 3 floors to the hotel so if you prefer to stay on a high floor, you should book elsewhere.

The staff was friendly enough, however, this hotel lacks the normal services like valet, bellman, etc. I specifically called ahead to make sure they had a bellman who would assist with luggage and was told yes...but when I arrived, they did not. I probably would not stay here again because I prefer a full service hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Bls213,

Thank you for your review! Feedback such as yours is very important to us and we strive to provide a high standard of service to our guests at all times – We sincerely regret that you did not receive that excellent service we afford to all our guests. We hope you will choose to stay with us again soon!

Best,

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My sister and I stayed her. Both found the staff to be quite helpful, and the bed and room comfortable. Really enjoyed the hot tub area (there's no pool, which I clicked on below in error). And room service delivers to it. That was a nice surprise!

On the other hand, agree with some of the other reviews--it was noisy. And I had bad jet lag so needed to get a some sleep. For that reason, not sure if I'd return.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear cp076,

Thank you for taking the time to review The OUT NYC after your recent stay with us. Your feedback has been addressed with our department heads to improve our guests experience. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future!

Best regards,

Reviewed May 11, 2014

The disco rocks the entire hotel until 4 AM on Fridays and Saturdays. Sleepless nights for >$300 per night.... Patchy staff, some helpful with good attitude, some not. Good restaurant and bar with good value food.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank David S

Dear David S,

We are so sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied and unhappy with your stay. Of course, it is never our intention for any of our guests to leave feeling they have not experienced the best possible stay. We hope you will give us another chance and upon your return we hope to fill in the blanks where you may have found inconsistencies during your initial stay. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best,