“A gay resort in the middle of manhattan”
Review of Cachet Boutique

Cachet Boutique
Ranked #300 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Every time I stay in NYC, I stay at The Out. Jacuzzis, a sauna, an ice skating rink (in the winter), and lots of other cool common spaces... it really feels like a resort. And yet, it's just a few minutes' walk to Times Square and all of the Broadway theaters. Oh, and the staff is helpful, attentive, and cute.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
David L, Manager at Cachet Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear davidhavelick,

We truly appreciate your patronage at the OUT NYC! It’s great to hear that you are able to take full advantage of what the resort has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The vibe of the out was great! I am going back to NYC next month and rebooking at The Out. The rooms were stylist and the staff was incredible! I had friends stop by and they also said they would stay at The Out next time they were in the city.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear landsendinn,

I’m glad you enjoyed your visit with us at the OUT NYC. Thanks for the post, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I spent a long weekend at The Out NYC with the intention of seeing a few broadway shows during my stay. The hotel is on 42nd street (down near 10th Avenue), so it is 15-20 minute walk to most theaters. And parking is tough in the area so use the municipal lot at 42nd and 9th, The rooms are okay and clean. You can vaguely hear the thumping from the attached night club, but it is nothing that prevented sleep. Cable tv service is a bit spotty, which I though was funny in this day and age.
The hotel is quite chic, and trends to a younger crowd. But, it was an ok place for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Chris32NY1

Dear Chris32NY1,

We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback from your recent stay at the OUT NYC. I will be sure to pass your post onto our Director of Engineering, so that he can follow up on the TV issues experience during your weekend getaway. For future reference we do offer valet parking, and I apologize if this was not explained to you during check in. Thank you again for the post! And we look forward to welcoming you back to the OUT NYC.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

OK, I will admit I am a gay male so having a hotel of this type in midtown New York was intriguing to me. The hotel is designed in a rather odd way(surprise, surprise)but the quirks you get use to(some of the rooms you enter outside, while others you enter inside). I was in town during the winter so it was cold heading to my room, but I simply found other ways to get to my spot without having to deal with the weather. I didnt hear much noise from the Dance Club but I was told it's pretty quiet Sunday-Thursday and I did ask for a "quiet room." The room was nice. The bed was comfy. The mini-bar was LOADED with way too much stuff and way, way too much alcohol(again suprise)and all at a very high price. The staff was very friendly(they remembered my name whenever they saw me)and I was allowed to check out and hour later. Check in is at 4pm and checkout is at 11am(don't ask me why). Had a nice time. Its not located in the best part of midtown but its Ok. My favorite part was the 24hour gym and the SPA I loved. However if you are a gay male(or a straight male for that matter)be forewarned. THE SPA IS CO-ED! Yes, there will be women in the lockerooms(I kid you not)! The female staffers come in all the time, and women hotel guest as well. Luckily for me, I brought my swim trunks but I did see lots of nudity by some visitors who for the most part did not care that it was a mixed setting. Oh well..it takes all kinds I guest. Rated my stay as very good! Mr.Garner

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Terpmaniac

Dear Terpmaniac,

It brings great pleasure to hear that you had such and enjoyable experience at the OUT NYC. Thanks for taking the time to post your review. Until next time, happy travels!!!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hotel is a hidden gem in New York. The staff was amazing. If you eat in the restaurant ask to to sit in Jefferson's section. He's the best. Stay for the Sunday Brunch with the drag queens. They sing live and have a great comedy routine. Also check out the Tea Dance they have on Sunday at 3:00. this is now the only hotel I will stay in when I visit New York. Thank You for make my stay AMAZING!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Reggiecl550,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us at the OUT NYC. We are thrilled that you had such an enjoyable holiday, and took full advantage of the many activities we have throughout the resort. We can’t wait to see you back in the Big Apple and at the OUT NYC.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Out NYC: Incredible stay. Very chic rooms, extreme value for the money. The staff, especially Jefferson & Mark in the restaurant KTCHEN make the stay so, so, fabulous!! I would stay here again, no questions asked.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear andresworld,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback of your stay with us here at the OUT NYC. I will be certain to share your post with Jefferson, Mark and the rest of the KTCHN and OUT Team. We can’t wait to welcome you back to the resort!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Paid $90/night for the shared room. Ample space, and very private. Great place for low budget travelers. The staff is friendly, location is great. It was my first time living in a hotel alone. The amenities provided for the price are amazing.

Room Tip: Avoid the lower floor rooms. The Nightclubs pounding bass can be annoying.