“worst sleep ever”
Review of Cachet Boutique

Cachet Boutique
Ranked #293 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The bed was extremely comfortable, but the pounding bass emanating from XL nightclub contnued until after 4 am Plus the fire alarm that went off at 2 am didn't help A little too sleek and modern for me. Also, no windows to the outside world, window faced onto inside courtyard

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank CubbyBoston
Keith F, Manager at Cachet Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for writing, as it is important that we know what went wrong as well as what went right. I want to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the music level from the nightclub. We are currently working on a plan to correct this issue which affects few rooms in the resort. Having said that, I wanted you to know that we do have rooms that both are away from the nightclub and also face 42nd Street and 41st street, not only the courtyards. I would like for you to contact me directly so we can hopefully make arrangements to have you stay with us again and allow us to make your stay an exceptional one.

Keith Frey

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Right from the moment we walked in we were met by extremely welcoming and helpful staff and we continued to have that same experience throughout our stay! The room was perfect but the extras were awesome, including the spa and restaurant! Though extremely cheesey, we even had a blast on the ice rink! We would recommend this hotel to all of our friends, both straight and gay!!! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing this review with potential guests of THE OUT NYC, The Spa @ THE OUT NYC, and KTCHN Restaurant! I am pleased to know that our staff was helpful throughout your stay and helped to make it a memorable guest experience. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back sooner rather than later!

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We heard about this hotel for a bout a year now and deiced to give a try in January. I arrived a day after my other half checked in. So he already had a day or so to get familiar with it. He said the staff was very welcoming when he checked in. I found them to be most helpful throughout our stay. Our room was near spa, so we had to check it out first.. It was very relaxing, great layout and most important...clean. The bar/restaurant was great with tasty food, great drinks and nice staff. Room-service was also great. The nearest subway station was 4 blocks, Taxi's everywhere, but most attractions near that area are walkable. I like to think of this hotel as the straight friendly place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank samntroy

Thank you very much for taking time to write such a wonderful review! I am glad to see that you decided to come see us after hearing about our resort. I have to agree with you and say that most of our guests do find The Spa @ THE OUT NYC to be relaxing, especially the jacuzzis, steam rooms, and our saunas. I am also pleased that you enjoyed your experience at our restaurant, KTCHN. We hope that you will come back soon to visit us. Thank you for sharing your comments with other travelers.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

After much searching through the different review websites about which hotels I should stay at while i'm in NYC I decided on staying at The Out NYC. I couldn't have been happier about my decision. The rooms were clean, nice, and modern. The staff was even better - I needed some documents printed in a hurry and they not only took the fax but delivered it to my room! The convenience of this hotel can not be overstated. Its within walking distance of the Javits convention center, there is a 24 hr CVS right on the corner, and it is really safe with a police station being next to the hotel. I have to mention Kenny at the front desk because he was extremely helpful and professional. I wish more staff were like him at the places that I stay at. We will definitely be back to this hotel for our next trip.

Room Tip: 24 CVS at the corner and walking distance to the Javits Convention Center. Double rooms are more qui...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Janis M
Keith F, Manager at Cachet Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Janis M,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the service to be helpful, specifically Kenny at the front office. We pride ourselves in being able to provide the best service that, not only meets, but exceeds our guests’ expectations and Kenny is a big part of that equation- so thank you once again. We hope that you will not stay away too long and return to visit us soon!

Kindly,

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed in The Out in December for 5 days. It was a a friendly place and had good service.
As it is known to be a gay friendly hotel, me and my boyfriend found the nightclub downstairs a little too noisy, however the staff were nice and they moved us over to another room.
Rooms were nice and comfy and my boyfriend used the gym too. There was a nice cafe/restaurant downstiars where we had breakfast once, it was pretty good.
Nice location about a 10-15 minute walk to Times Square and not far from other places like Macys etc. Also about a dive minute walk is a great diner recommended by staff! that was delicious.
I would say its a great place for students/travellers as although we didnt stay in the hotel shared accomodation part. There is a part of the hotel where you can share rooms and it may be a little more affordable.
Overall lovely hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2013

stayed off the cuff after our booked accommodation elsewhere was a letdown. staff were very helpful and accommodating we had a room at the front of the building the room was great but it did not have tea or coffee making facilities, the wifi was patchy too. We will go back because overall it was a very pleasing experience.

Room Tip: front of the building or overlooking the atrium
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at The Out hotel feb 2013, it was wonderful. From the time we checked in till we checked out, front desk (Mr Katz)and valet was efficient and friendly. The room was modern and quite large for NYC , and clean, which was most important to us. The bed extremely comfortable as we're the linens. The bathroom was modern and very well done with a large shower, the soaps and lotions are excellent.. Close to theaters , restaurants and times square. Starbucks about a block and a half and another 2 blocks, no coffe maker in room. Needed wash clothes, the front desk sent them up in minutes. I would highly recommend staying here if you need to be near theater, restaurants, hells kitchen, port authority, even Chelsea is not a bad walk or short cab ride. Requested a room away from club, so noise was not a factor, if going in the winter request an inside room

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul J

Dear Paul J,
On behalf of the entire team here, we thank you for taking time to share your experiences with other travelers. I am glad that you were able to meet our new Director of Front Office, Charlie Katz and that he was able to assist you throughout your stay. We take pride in being able to exceed guests’ expectations and I’m glad we were able to provide you with a room away from XL Nightclub and in the interior as well. We look forward to welcoming you back to the big apple and seeing you yet again.