“urban tranquility”
Review of The Out NYC

The Out NYC
Ranked #253 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed November 10, 2012

There is nothing inherently gay about this resort unless you enjoy a modern, clean, cool, tranquil hotel in the middle of the busy city. If gay means a resort where you can unwind, enjoy a great custom cocktail, have a healthy and well prepared dinner, sleep in a lovely designed room with a comfy bed, cool shower, smell good after using the "house" soaps, exercise in great gym, have a sauna, steam, spa all in a unique series of monastic modern courtyards then I must be gay. Oh that's right I am. I know they are straight friendly but I hope too many don't catch on too fast because I already feel this oasis is mine. Just request your room to be away from the nightclub. Unless you plan on going to dance all night. Then you will not care. The nightclub is wow and loud even though the hotel is above and larger.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the nightclub. If you are very light sleeper, this may not be the place for...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim W
There are newer reviews for The Out NYC

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Avery sharp, unique, well thought out, guest friendly hotel that I will consider the only place to stay in The City, Contemporary crisp style, A great place to party. Very reasonably priced,
I am a native New Yorker, and The Out NYC represents us well...
Very Well Done..

Room Tip: The rooms in the front are a bit noisey, but expected it is New York, Would imagine quieter rooms wi...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I would definitely stay again. Powered right through hurricane Sandy, while others took your money and left you in the cold. They are the complete package. Clean, comfortable, new, just lovely. Great location. Fun for all.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I travel to New York for business a lot and have been in search of a hotel I can call home base. I came upon The OUT NYC while staying at another hotel around the corner. Always wanting to be sure I'm having the best experience possible I walked into The OUT, went up to the front desk and asked to see some rooms so I could compare. Hugo was on duty that night was more than happy to take me around. We toured the entire property where he showed me the gym, the spa, the hot tubs and outside lounges. He then showed me a room at every price point. He was a great ambassador for the hotel and the hospitality industry.
I just recently finished my first stay at The OUT. It was really, really great. Because of Hurricane Sandy the hotel experienced a few issues that they would not otherwise have. I mention this not to point out shortcomings, quite the opposite. Whatever the hiccup was (small and minimal as they were) the hotel staff responded immediately and had everything taken care of in a blink of an eye. Hospitality seems to be job #1.
I highly suggest a stay at The OUT NYC, dine at their in house restaurant KTCHN and then head next door to the club for a drink and some dancing. And should you want to venture outside the hotel - the city awaits.
(PS Don't forget to ask for Hugo!)

Room Tip: Choose a room with windows facing out from the courtyard for a quieter experience.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Don P
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights and could not have been more delighted. Everything is wonderful -from the design of the hotel and rooms to the Bar, Lobby, Health Club and night club. The staff coyuld not have been nicer and made me feel like I was their most VIP guest. I felt like it was a true oasis in NYC!

Room Tip: My room was overlooking 41st Street and was perfect-
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I am a seasoned traveler, having traveled for business for much of the last 20 years. I have stayed at 4 and 5 star hotels around the world and have high expectations for the hotels I visit.

I live in NYC and I was lucky to book a room at The Out during hurricane Sandy when I lost power and made a wonderful stay-cation for 3 nights until power came back.

My room was just what you'd expect from a high end boutique. Comfortable bed. Great Decor & good lighting. Flat screen TV. Wifi. Desk with chair. Well appointed bathroom. Mini Bar. Safe.

The hotel also has a gym, spa, hot tub, which I did not use.

If you're hungry, KTCHN is a great restaurant in the hotel and I had dinner there on my first night. The decor is wonderful and the food is excellent. There is a great vibe at this restaurant.

The service from front desk staff and bell staff was excellent. They are friendly and attentive.

Finally, the rate I paid was much better than any other comparable hotel would offer in NYC, making this an excellent value.

I'd definitely stay here again if I need to check into a hotel in NYC and I would highly recommend The Out to friends.

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room, and was given a room with windows facing toward the enclosed indoor atriu...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was in NYC for a few days to see some Theater (which is kind of like a business trip for me), and I decided to be adventurous and try someplace new. Glad I did. The Out is a very trendy (but surprisingly low priced), new hotel catering to the gay crowd. Other than making me feel like I needed to work out more (everyone is uniformly hot), the staff could not have taken better care of me. Every need was met above and beyond the call of duty. Also the room(which is what you are paying for) was gorgeous, very big for NYC, and pretty swanky in a modern sort of way. I would highly recommend checking it out, just know there is a very dull thump from the club downstairs if you are super sensitive to such things.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business