“Great location, Great room, Great HOTEL!”
Review of The Out NYC

The Out NYC
Ranked #270 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I recently stayed at the OUT NYC. I was apprehensive, however, I was very happy with my decision. The room was spacious and clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the outdoor spaces were very relaxing. The food in the restaurant was great. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you are traveling on business and need work space, the executive room states that it has workspac...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Keith F, Guest Relations Manager at The Out NYC, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear DanT Jax,
We’re so happy to hear we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay with us. We’re happy to read you enjoyed our amenities and restaurant and we look forward to welcoming you back next time. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly to book your next visit to THE OUT NYC. Thank you for your review!

994 - 1,000 of 1,391 reviews

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Out was a great experience. Decor is very unique and trendy. The food and customer service was excellent as well. Their staff was very accommodating and helpful, especially the manager Hugo, and his staff Calvin and Josh. I had a wonderful experience and would certainly recommend it to anyone visiting the city who is looking for a fab hotel for a great price!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear MKay23,
Thank you for reviewing THE OUT NYC. Your review has been forwarded to all departments at THE OUT NYC to recognize Calvin, Josh and Hugo. I am happy to hear you were able to dine in KTCHN. KTCHN is now changing up their menu for fall. One of their scrumptious feature dishes for fall is Chicken Tajine – you’ll have to try it next time and hopefully we’ll change your 4 star review into a 5 star!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great ambiance and atmosphere. The beds are seriously amongst the most comfortable I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in a TON of hotels.
The staff at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. The staff around the hotel always said hello. The location is amazing. Close to everything in Midtown and Hell's Kitchen.
The decor is simple yet striking. I loved it.
I know I will stay there again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Kris A,
Thank you for taking the time to review THE OUT NYC. We greatly appreciate feedback for fellow travelers to read and take pride in the service we offer! We look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at The Out NYC last week for 5 nights during a family vacation. I traveled with my boyfriend and my parents. The most obvious apprehension we had was their description as a 'straight friendly gay resort'. We didn't quite know what to expect. Here is what we got:
Location- it can not be beat! The hotel is located 3 blocks from Times Square and just a short walk to the theater district. We walked over to see the Sunday Matinee of Book of Mormon and it was a perfect adventure.

Service- Hands down some of the best service I have received at a hotel. From Crystal at the front desk to each and every other employee I came in contact with, all were friendly, helpful and approachable. We waited no longer than 5 minutes for almost every request we called down for. Sidenote: They do not have ice machines so you will need to call anytime you want ice brought to the room.

Property: The rooms were beautiful with very comfortable beds and modern decor. There was a large flat screen TV. The mirror in the bathroom does an incredible job of ensuring you don't over eat during your vacation. I may install one at home. One minor complaint is they do not have separate conditioner and shampoo in the shower, but rather a combined 'conditioning-shampoo'. The gripe is made even more minor by the fact that the product line they use is amazing. I fell in love with the face wash. The gym, which i visited every morning was always quiet with plenty of machines available for use. The grounds are very well kept and the 2 separate sitting areas (bamboo garden and the lawn) provide a great place to relax, take a phone call or just lounge in the sun, cat like. I did not experience any noise from the nightclub. I arrived late Saturday night and checked out Thursday morning.

The overall experience was fantastic and my parents, my boyfriend and I always felt comfortable, welcomed and well taken care of. I will return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SouthBayRox
Keith F, Guest Relations Manager at The Out NYC, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear SouthBayRox,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and taking the time to share what a great experience our staff was able to offer you. Chrystal has been acknowledged for your kind review as well as the rest of our team.
I am happy to share with you that we are adding some special treatments to our Spa such as facials, body treatments, barber services, spray tans, private training sessions, yoga and more! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

All the Best,

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I’m from the Midwest and travel for pleasure a lot. I’ve stayed at over a dozen hotels in Manhattan and this is now my favorite. I really like how much outdoor common space they have and the feel that it’s smaller hotel that feels more like Florida (may not so much in the winter..hehe). I stayed for 4 nights and met so many awesome people. The last night there I didn’t even go out to the bars since I met so many great new people there and we all just hung out at the hotel. I stayed on the first floor near the back in a sleep share room. This turned out to be a really good way to go at an awesome NYC value. Tall ceilings, four premium bunks with curtains, one bathroom and one shower (both separate). Had a nice lockable cabinet for each bunk (they provided the key). The hotel SPA area is complete open and free to all hotel guests. Has lockers, showers, sauna and steam room. On my last day in NYC, my flight left in the evening. I gave my checked luggage to front desk, but left a small personal care bag & change of clothes in a locker in the sauna. This way I was able to come back and shower before departing NYC. I will definitely stay again and recommend this to others! FYI…I’m a single gay male age 35.

Room Tip: For shared rooms request a lower bed.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Chad G

Dear indyboilerboy,

We’re delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay at THE OUT NYC Urban Resort and took advantage of all that we offer! Our sleep shares have definitely been a hit! We now offer our Sleep Shares as quads in addition to booking a single bed; we allow guests to book the entire room for a 4 person occupancy – a rarity in NYC. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with fellow travelers to describe the one feature everyone is asking about – our sleep shares!

Best regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My sister and I had a most enjoyable stay at The Out. Decor was superb, staff friendly and extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Location was good and as we thought the cost of breakfast was a bit dear, we went over the road to the Broadway Deli & Bagels for a meal. We found the noise of the night club/disco was too much (especially during Fashion Week) so we asked for a quieter room and were moved as requested, we were also given ear plugs after a phone call to Reception at 3.30am the first night we were there. I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: We didn't have time for the gym or pool. We started in room 209 and finished in room 347. If you...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Liz W,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review THE OUT NYC. We are updating many of the concerns you’ve explained to improve our level of service including alternative cost effective breakfast options. Please feel free to contact us directly when booking your next stay with us to ensure any requests you may have – such as a room away from XL.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was our first time at The Out. I was there with my husband and our 2 friends. Our friends recommended the hotel and we are very glad they did. We were in the city for a SLDN event on the Intrepid. The hotel location was perfect. We had lunch in the restaurant and it was very good. We will go there again.

Room Tip: The suite was very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Pat C,

Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our great location. KTCHN now has a fabulous brunch on the weekends equipped with “The Mary Bar” where guests can create their own Bloody Mary’s and enjoy a fun show “Haus of Mimosa”. We hope to see you next time and check out the new additions KTCHN offers to our guests.