“Great tacos, one of the coolest atmospheres”
Review of Tacombi

Tacombi
Ranked #291 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nolita
Reviewed August 12, 2014

My wife and I ate here back in December and enjoyed a great meal in a really interesting environment. We both went with tacos (beef & chorizo) and they were delicious and authentic, not the typical Americanized version.

The look of this place is great, they have the converted VW bus serving tacos and just an all around cool atmosphere.

I would highly recommend to anybody looking for a different experience.

There are newer reviews for Tacombi

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Amazing tacos (beef and chicken), and great atmosphere. It feels like you've somehow left the US and stepped into a wonderful shop in Mexico. The service was great as well! Definitely will come here again when I am in NYC.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

the place itself is very interesting with the old VW bus inside :)
Do not expect comfortable chairs, big tables or luxurious atmosphere. Just expect delicious tacos and nice cocktails!
The place can get very lively at late hours also.
Service is fast, staff is very friendly. I'd love to visit this place when I go back to NY...

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Although we didn't really like the tacos, the service could not be faulted. In Australia we are used to tacos with cheese, lettuce etc. these tacos I believe would be what you would get if you had a taco in Mexico. We did eat them but unfortunately just didn't enjoy them. Very cute garage too! I would recommend it if your up for something a little different. Also, thy suggest 3 tacos, we found two each was fine.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Great tacos and fast service. Kind of expensive for what it is, but the overall experience is great.