“Loved the tapas!”
Review of La Cerveceria

La Cerveceria
Reserve with OpenTable
La Cerveceria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,800 of 14,304 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: 4th st.
Transit: F train to Second Ave. 6 train to Bleecker St.
Description: ' La Cerveceria introduces Latin American tapas with sharp Peruvian influences and a concentration on American craft beers and new world wine from the realms of small and landmark producers. ' La Cerveceria celebrates a host of lime-influenced, cilantro-specked dishes. Crafted from the freshest ingredients available including organic and locally harvested finds, the restaurant builds upon the complex, classic flavors of Latin America, including marinated meats, seafood spice, hot habaneros dressed in flavorful sauces and subtle ceviches traditionally found south of the equator. With spice that has top toques raving, it goes down well with ' La Cerveceria’s standout list of New World suds. Our downtown New York City location, designed with natural woods, a marble bar, and a bright open kitchen that adds further warmth and provides the ideal setting for this new concept. Like the cuisine itself, ' La Cerveceria dining experience is updated, clean and high energy.
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

My daughters and I grabbed a quick meal here before seeing Stomp at The Orpheum. The staff was friendly and accommodating. My daughter loved the burger bites. The fried cauliflower was scrumptious, as were the patates fritas! The yucca was tasty, but the dipping sauces were a tad boring. I would definitely go back!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I planned a surprise bachelorette party here in March 2014. Despite giving the restaurant 6 weeks' notice of my party, actually going there to speak with the manager directly about the party arrangements and calling (twice) the week of the party to confirm everything, the restaurant was grossly unprepared for us. They refused to honor their agreement to seat my party together in the front section at one table, making us split up into smaller tables in the back. One table of guests was seated at a separate table behind a column, so they could not participate in the festivities at all. I felt really terrible about this, but had no recourse at that late stage of the game. I was very disappointed. My advice is that this place is okay for couples/small groups, but find someplace else for larger groups and parties.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Went to visit this peruvian restaurant during christmas 2013. I dont think I have ever experienced a better value for money in my whole life. We had a three meal menu and the food was fantastic. The wine (the house wine) was just as fantastic. After dinner we wanted a beer. The owner came ro our table and talked about beers and breweries. He even knew the little danish special brewery from our town, and shortly after brought us a beer from that specific brewery......and he didnt charge us for the beer. Aparently they have 140 different beers on the menu. My best restaurant experience in NY and one of the best ever.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Was in NYC this weekend visiting friends and celebrating my girlfriend's birthday and we were looking for a place to eat Saturday night. We were looking for a Tapas restaurant and came across this place on Open Table. Open Table said they didn't have any available ability (we were looking for places about an hour before we wanted to eat). So we called the restaurant directly and they said they would be able to get us a table for four people, no problem. When we got there, they had saved us a table and we were able to sit immediately - even though the restaurant was clearly packed and no other tables were available. As soon as we sat down, we knew we came to the right place. It's hard to say what was better, the service or the food. Every plate that was delivered (and there were many that night) seemed to be better than the one before it. The staff seemed to truly apprecaite that we had come to thier restaurant and were absolutely fantastic. Amazing food and a unbelieveably priced wine list rarely foud in NYC (got a great bottle of Cabernet for under $40). We are in NYC all of the time and La Cerveceria is sure to be a 'must dine' for us going forward.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I searched for tapas in the Living Social app, and this place had a deal. I didn't know what to expect...I was blown away! We had to make a reservation because it was a Saturday night. It was easy and we were able to be accommodated. We had a table that was right next to the open door patio, which was perfect because it was a beautiful night. The food was OUTSTANDING! I shared the salmon plate and the fish tacos which both had complex and delicious flavor palettes. The red sangria was perfection. And the service provided by Raphael was top notch! The prices are below average for NYC, and the portions are generous. I will definitely be returning.