“Excellent surprise for the most flavored and priceless indian food!”
Review of ruchi

ruchi
Reserve with OpenTable
ruchi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,354 of 13,763 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Trinity Pl and Greenwich St
Transit: 120 Cedar St between Trinity Pl and Greenwich St (One block from the New World Trade Center)
“Excellent surprise for the most flavored and priceless indian food!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were in our way to the 9/11 memorial (also recommended attraction) and then we saw this little restaurant and we thought: it is so small, it must be pricey because of the location, and look, nobody is eating there! Nevertheless, when we left the attraction we were starving so we just decided to try it and it was the best surprise ever: the waitress gave us excellent suggestions for food, the food was delicious, the decoration and environment is just perfect, and we didn't spend a lot of lot of money and got a lot of food! Definitively I would go there whenever I can, try to do it as part of the 9/11 experience, you will have food while you watch the nice new buildings behind.

• Visited March 2013

New York City, New York
“Delicious Indian secret!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was introduced to Ruchi's 3-4 years ago quite by accident an eat there at least once a week. We call in our orders, arrive 10 minutes later, are seated and served hot, delicious food.

I personally love the Goat Kharai (bit spicy), Goan Shrimp Curry (add a squeeze of lemon to enhance the taste) and the Chicken or Shrimp Byrani. The Rass Malai is a cottage cheese dessert that takes the curry taste off the mouth.

Small location, private and frequented by Indians who know genuine Indian cooking when they taste it. I am afraid they may become too popular, overcrowded and be forced to change their style which is perfect.

Love the kind and patient waiters and waitresses.

Oh, and ignore any 'negative' rating posted on the door. There is a story behind that. I was present when the 'inspector' was there and privy to what occurred. My friends, co workers and I all eat there regularly and treated the best, and always leave a big tip. Wait staff must eat too.

• Visited February 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good Value Indian food”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

As lovers of Indian fare,my wife and I make a habit of sampling whats on offer when ever we travel
Rushi offers a well priced menu without the obligatory NY service charge. Of the three dishes we tried all were delicious and in our opinion off a high standard.Rushi,s is a small cosy restaurant with good friendly service. Recommend.

• Visited November 2012
Playas del Coco, Costa Rica
“50% off”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We went to ground zero and passed this cute little place. I love Indian food so went in for the 50% lunch deal. Even if you get half a portion, it is still worth it and it was way more than enough.
We asked for the recommendation and were suggested to take Lamb Vindaloo and Goat Vindaloo. Both of us enjoyed it very much.
NIce and cozy place. well recommended!

• Visited October 2012
Bradenton, Florida
“Excellent food at a great price.”
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I ordered soup, chicken tandoori, salad and all were very good. The chicken was a healthy portion cooked perfectly. Price in NYC was more than reasonable. I ordered for delivery so don't know about the atmosphere.