“A little Gem in Hell's Kitchen”
Review of AA Jing

AA Jing
Ranked #1,752 of 14,015 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We were told about this restaurant by our concierge. The service was personal and the owner came over to assist the waiter, who was new. Their lunch specials are well worth it and the portions were generous. Everything tasted fantastic and we really enjoyed it.
I can't comment on the atmosphere as it was really quiet while we were there.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We ate there in two occasions during the past two weeks. In both occasions, the food was super fresh, well done and delicious. The service was bad on the first time, and worse than terrible on our second visit....
First time we both had the sushi bento box. It came with edamame, miso, salad, but not rice as described on the menu.
The food came before the drinks. We asked cold sake, but it was room temperature. We had to ask for hashis, because our waiter didn`t realize we didn`t have them. Other tables were being served with water, our water was served only when we were finishing our meals....
We decided to give them a second chance because the food was really good.... and the service was even worse....
My husband asked a tempura as appetizer, and a sushi entrée for main dish. I asked a pork wrappped asparagus as appetizer, and a sushi bento box as main dish. They brought both the appetizer and the main dish for my husband (at the same time), but nothing for me.
I kept asking for my appetizer, and the confused waiter kept saying it was being prepared... my husband decided to wait for me, so his tempura got cold... this happened for 20 minutes or so. It was my birthday, and the poor service really ruined the lunch...

This time we specifically said we wanted icy cold sake, they said OK, but the sake was at room temperature again. I had a Sapporo beer, which was not at the correct temperature as well.

1  Thank Co_Gelli
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Went here and had tempuras and veggie sushi. The tempura with sweet potato and broccoli was awesome. The avocado sushi was great. Pleasantly surprised since we were the only ones there @6pm!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Went to this place since my daughter and I found it empty @6pm,! The food was great! Really good sweet potato tempura and veggie shushi. Will definitely go again.

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Delicious food and good service. Asked the waiter what sushi roll he recommended and I was not disapointed.