“Disappointing”
Review of Casa Nonna

Casa Nonna
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Nonna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #365 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 8th and 9th Avenues
Transit: A,C,E Subway to 34th Street or 42nd Street Port Authority
Description: Casa Nonna's rustic Italian menu is a culmination of traditional Roman and Tuscan fare, with a focus on the freshest local and seasonal ingredients. Casa Nonna is warm and welcoming, authentic and thoroughly satisfying, with bold, pure flavors that are the hallmark of true Italian cuisine.
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Have been here a few times and it never quite measures up. One time it is sloppy indifferent service, next time food is cold,obviously under microwaved, the next time it may be that menu is not fully available. Best part is the beer list. Some great unusual beer on tap.Would not go out of your way to visit this restaurant. Just happens to be convenient for us.

There are newer reviews for Casa Nonna

Reviewed August 2, 2012

A friend and I met at this restaurant I'd read somewhere was excellent in the middle of a deluge July 18, my first night of vacation in NYC. With wet feet and clohes we enjoyed lots of attention from a professional and interested waiter who recommended a wine I'd never tasted -moscato d'asti (slightly sweet, slightly sparkling) and everywhere else I ate I tried to find it again, with some success. Had the swordfish, wonderfully prepared, and bread with soft butter. Hard butter is the bane of my existence and plays a role in judging a restaurant. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Had the parma pizza - great food, great service and not at all expensive! Will be going there again!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Food was excellent (deemed so by 7 of us). Superb grilled swordfish and big salads (extra). Wait staff was attentive without hovering. They gave two guests tastes of wine. $100 each including a generous and well-deserved tip.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I am grateful that my hotel recommended Casa Nonna. The food is delicious, the environment is warm and comfortable, and the staff - well they are just gems! My favorite dishes were the Rucola salad, made with arugula, fennel and pecorino, and the Pici Alla Toscana, mouthwateringly fresh pasta in a beef & pork ragu. Both of which went perfectly with a well- crafted Manhattan.
As a woman traveling alone, it is sometimes awkward dining out. Not at Casa Nonna. I was welcomed so warmly and served so attentively that I came back every night for the duration of my stay in New York. A special thanks to Robert and Lorena for taking such good care of me.