“Durang Show”

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Durang Show”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Saw Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike. Excellent performances by David Hyde Pierce, Sigourney Weaver, Kristine Nielsen and Billy Magnussen! A must see, especially if you know your Chekov. and even if you don't you will love Durang's humor!

Casa Grande, Arizona, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Chris Durang's new play Vanya, Sonia, + Masha and Spike”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wonderful show. Very funny. A chance to see David Hyde Pierce in his element. Beautiful old NY theatre. Easy walk from the subway.

Orlando
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Vanya, Sonia, Masha and Spike Hilarious”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I didn't know anything about the play other than David Hyde Pierce was in it and went. I can't remember the last time I laughed this much at a play! Every person on that stage was so incredibly talented and brilliant. Their timing perfect, the story engaging and a great set as well. I hope it lasts long enough for me to come back and bring my husband. If David and Kristine don't get tony awards, something is very wrong! Heck, everyone of them should.

York, PA
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“Small seats, steep stairs, not knee friendly”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This review is about the theater itself. The golden theater is small, but offers a great view, especially from the first row balcony which is where we sat. We saw the show Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike which I highly recommend. If the show hadn't been so excellent, I would have minded the small seats a lot more.

I am a plus-size woman 5'9" 285 lbs. and my husband is 6'3" 350 lbs. We each fit into our seats, but my husband said if the performance would have been any longer, he would have had to leave due to knee discomfort. I minded the armrests digging into my sides a bit, but it wasn't too bad.

From arm to arm, seat width is only 17.5 inches. From seat back to seat back it is only 28 inches. In the front row of the balcony you will get an additional inch of depth for a whopping 29 inches. If you have knee problems, or have very long legs, I don't recommend this theater. The balcony's steps are steep and with no room to extend your legs, you will be hurting. There are a few seats on the first floor in the very front row on the sides of the stage that allow you to extend your legs, but everyone else is packed in like sardines.

Bathrooms are downstairs below the first floor and very small. The ushers were rather surly and unhelpful, but its New York so I didn't expect much of them. If you are seeing a great show, this theater is tolerable; otherwise it may be downright torturous.

4 Thank Jennliner
Hibbing, MN
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“went to see Seminar starring Alan Rickman”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Great theater not a bad seat in the house. We got to see Alan Rickman and Jerry O'connell perform in this hilarious play, and got to meet them after the show.

Visited November 2011