“Experience Chelsea Art and More the Best Way!”

The Two Percent Gallery Tours
Ranked #289 of 644 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: The Two Percent Gallery Tours connects you to the most amazing art in New York City. On an energetic and fun private tour, enjoy 5 unbelievable gallery exhibitions, without the crowds. Along the way, you'll view New York City itself as a piece of art, uncovering secrets of the neighborhood history & innovative architecture. Tours are 90 minutes, available 10am Tues-Sat, for your private group of 3 or less, at $119 per person.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My spouse and I take advantage of group art tours in varied settings when ever we visit NYC but never found a tour that met our needs for Chelsea galleries, so decided to splurge with a more personal experience. David did it! The tour was interesting, educational and fun. We experienced not just artwork, but some interesting tidbits about Chelsea and its architecture. David was extremely responsive when we initially contacted him via e-mail and he followed up via e-mail with extra info that was relevant to what we saw. For a personalized, interesting, fun tour, go for it!

David B, Owner at The Two Percent Gallery Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you so much! That was a memorable one and I hope to see you both again next time you're in New York.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was my second tour with The Two Percent Gallery Tours and totally different from the first because the exhibits are always changing. David handpicks what he believes are the five best shows in Chelsea at the time- and off you go. David is witty, interesting, and fun. He loves the art and architecture of the area and is able to share much information with you. It is so delightful to be set loose in each gallery for a private viewing rather than stand in front of a picture for a canned lecture. David is an interactive guide, curious about your interests and responsive to your questions. At the end of our tour he dropped us at two highly publicized shows that were not on his list- to decide why for ourselves. He left us with excellent restaurant suggestions in the area! I am a New Yorker and a museum goer- but it was like seeing Chelsea and art for the first time!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Two Percent Gallery Tours was an amazing insider's look at the gallery scene in West Chelsea. Our tour guide David, acted as a guiding light, with the sense of humor and charm of a friend who just happened to know what was what in the neighborhood. As a New York City local, I felt I saw some of the best exhibitions on view, all due to David's careful curation, and even found myself acting like a tourist, taking pictures and videos of the truly profound art in the galleries. I highly recommend this tour to anyone and everyone interested in experiencing the Chelsea art scene with a knowledgeable guide.

1  Thank Carly S
David B, Owner at The Two Percent Gallery Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you Carly!!! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

David was fabulous! My husband and I travel to NYC every few years and try each time to have a theme so we are not overwhelmed by everything the city has to offer. Our theme this trip was art/galleries/museums. I began trolling around for walking maps and information about the galleries in Chelsea. I was fairly dismayed at how difficult it seemed to uncover information and create a plan and then I found 2% Tours. It seemed like the perfect solution, someone who knows the area and the art. I contacted David via email and he was responsive and friendly, immediately putting us at ease. We created a plan based on our time and tastes and booked a half day for our trip. Of course Murphy’s Law kicked in and Hurricane Sandy happened a week before we arrived. We decided to proceed with our trip and wanted to ensure anything we did supported the city. The city was recovering well as only New Yorkers can but Chelsea was still digging out and the galleries were empty. David did not miss a beat and offered us two options for our time with him. We decided to spend the half day with him in the Lower East Side where the art is a bit rougher and edgy. What a glorious day as David took us gallery to gallery, in between offering us a history and architectural tour of the area. Not to mention the eats along the way representing the different immigrant groups who had moved through the area. There is no way we could have found the galleries and spots he showed us without his assistance. We will be back and we’ll book another day with him in Chelsea. Thanks David, you are doing exactly what you should be doing by sharing your passion with others.

1  Thank RedHeadCanuck92
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Loved this tour....professional, interesting and fun...was a great experience!!
Thank you David! Looking forward to booking with you again....

1  Thank janet k
David B, Owner at The Two Percent Gallery Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you Janet!! You guys were great & I can't wait to see you again in the Spring or Fall. The galleries are constantly changing but remain amazing.