“Best Way to Explore the Chelsea Galleries - Hands Down!”

The Two Percent Gallery Tours
Ranked #281 of 644 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: The Two Percent Gallery Tours connects you to the most amazing art in New York City. On an energetic and fun private tour, enjoy 5 unbelievable gallery exhibitions, without the crowds. Along the way, you'll view New York City itself as a piece of art, uncovering secrets of the neighborhood history & innovative architecture. Tours are 90 minutes, available 10am Tues-Sat, for your private group of 3 or less, at $119 per person.
Reviewed December 1, 2011

This is the tour if you really want to see and understand the Chelsea galleries and the art you're looking at. There was an immense amount of thought that was put into our tour itinerary to tailor it to our appetites. Rather than shepherd us around to the behemoth galleries, we were taken to several "secret" galleries - no signs, no window displays outside - and given private tours of fantastic pieces other people would have just walked by. The small group setting also allowed us to ask more questions to the extremely knowledgeable guide.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

My girlfriend and I went on a gallery tour with The Two Percent in mid October, and we weren't really sure what to expect. David opened our eyes to the Chelsea galleries. His in depth knowledge of not only the art presented, but the area provided us with a morning that we would never forget! We visited five separate galleries, each building on the ideas of how we perceive what was presented and movement both within the art and ourselves. David fed us information about what was being seen, but not too much to spoil the art itself. I have recommended The Two Percent to all of my friends and will continue to do so if anyone inquires!

1  Thank Holt W
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Whether you're looking for something to do, you love art, or are just a generally curious person (that's me), the 2% gallery tour is a must-do. I took the tour with my boyfriend through Chelsea -- and Dave (he's the guy who started the website - http://www.thetwopercent.com) is seriously genius.

Any question we had, Dave had an answer -- that and so much more -- from the number of pieces it took to build a particular sculpture, to fast facts about the artist, and even random (yet relevant) Chelsea neighborhood history.

You don't have to have studied art to enjoy the tour -- though I'm sure if you have, you'd enjoy it just as much. Such a good time!

If you're not from NYC, I highly recommend you take a walk on the Highline afterward. Stop for a beer in the biergarten or check out Chelsea market for a snack.

The tour made for such a memorable date day -- would make a great gift too!

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I've lived in the city for a number of years and visited Chelsea galleries in the past. Something about this tour really stuck me though. The think it was that the context was just right. The art showcased on the tour was mind-blowingly good and the guide made it easily accessible. He knew some of the gallery owners and they came and talked to us as well about the exhibits and how they were installed. It was like a behind the scenes view of how the art world works without all the pretension. Not only that, but Chelsea has a richer history than I think some perceive and even walking down the street hearing stories about the buildings we were passing was just as fulfilling as the galleries themselves.

1  Thank Ballgame457