“A fun atmosphere!”
Review of Catch NYC

Catch NYC
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch NYC is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,311 of 14,913 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Meatpacking District
Cross street: 13th Street
Transit: A,C,E at 8th Ave & 14th Street. Walk West to 13th Street & 9th Avenue.
Description: CATCH features Executive Chef Hung Huynh’s contemporary renditions of classic seafood dishes that are both sophisticated and approachable. Surprising the palette in the bright and clean complexity of each plate, this 2 floor, 275 seat restaurant offers a variety of unique dining experiences to its loyal clientele, boasting an open kitchen and communal dining tables that further compliment the restaurant’s inviting atmosphere.
Reviewed July 28, 2018

The restaurant itself for me had a really cool vibe to it and was enjoyable to eat it. I really enjoyed everything that I had especially the crispy shrimp and their tartare which was presented in a very interesting way. The only negative aspect was that even though I had a reservation, I still was not seated right away and had to wait for over 20 minutes.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)

Reviewed July 20, 2018

The food was excellent! However, this is not a place where one can expect professional service. Our waitress was unprofessional and pretty rude. Further, the staff is dressed absolutely inappropriately, some wearing hotpants, many with cropped tops, and some with extremely tight tops without bras! It simply is not a place with good quality service one would expect in a rather sophisticated restaurant. Further, it was too loud to have a conversation on the table, but it seems this is rather standard in the USA....

Reviewed July 20, 2018

I was here with customers, we had pre ordered our dinner and got 10 small dishes, perfect for a good business dinner.
Very polite and fast staff

Reviewed July 19, 2018

We were pleased with our meal at Catch NYC. Service was outstanding. We were continuously taken care of. It seemed several workers would stop by to check on us or replenish our water. We shared the croque madame and the cinnamon roll pancakes. Delicious! I would say this was one of our favorite restaurant visits in NYC. We had a reservation, but I don't think we needed it. I would recommend one for busier time periods. The only thing that could have been better was that we did not know we needed to go to the rooftop. We stopped at the main floor of restaurant and got off the elevator. There were about 4 men working behind the bar, but they ignored us. We quickly figured out they were not seating at this level and went on up to the rooftop. I don't understand why the workers did not say we needed to check in at the rooftop level rather than letting us just stand there. I can't let this small thing take away from the overall rating and experience.

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

In the first place, if I had wanted to wait half an hour for a table, I wouldn’t have booked in advance. Then the noise is really upsetting. The only Cava in the wine list was not in stock. The food: the three tartares were good (mayonnaise in this kind of restaurant is a big no), the crunchy shrimps outstanding, then the red snapper was great.