“Great addition to the UWS”
Review of Slightly Oliver - CLOSED

Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Between 84th and 85th Streets
Transit: 1 train to 86th Street
Reviewed November 28, 2011

New to the neighborhood, Slightly Oliver offers a terrific menu superbly executed in an upbeat environment. Brick walls and candles make the rooms warm and inviting. Designer cocktails are interesting and unique, and the service is terrific. Great tunes, too! Back room is quieter, front is a bit more lounge.

1  Thank Iluvhhi

Reviewed November 22, 2011

I had seen a brief item in the Times that Slightly Oliver was opening and decided to make an impromptu weeknight visit. So glad we did. It's a well-priced gastropub, attractive with brick walls and low lighting, and very affordable food. I had a terrific grilled cheese and tomato soup combo; my wife enjoyed her burger and rosemary fries. (A cut below the excellent one at The Spotted Pig in the Village but still very good.) I have the feeling that once it's reviewed and more people become aware of it, there'll be a wait during prime time.

1  Thank brodmktg
Reviewed September 25, 2011

My boyfriend and I were recently visiting NYC for a few days and we were walking around the area when we came across the Bar Luna - WHAT A FIND! There is quaint outdoor sitting available, but we opted to sit inside. The ambiance inside the restaurant was fantastic - very classy & cool. The lighting was low - candles and fresh flowers on each table, brick walls, great wine selection, and the music was great, without being too intense.

The service was fantastic and our server was very knowledgeable about the menu. The food was the best I've had at any restaurant, in any city, so far this year! We were so fortunate that we came across this little restaurant - we only wish we had found it earlier on our trip so we could have gone back again!

Two thumbs way up!

1  Thank eharm
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Good food in a pleasant little Upper West Side neighbourhood Italian restaurant, but not exceptional and maybe lacking in a little atmosphere, but to be fair, maybe we were visiting at a quiet time. Cant really fault it, and prices were reasonable, but the whole experience was perhaps not outstanding. I dont wish to damn the place with faint praise, and please dont be put off, as you will have a perfectly good meal.

Reviewed October 30, 2010

We ate @ Bar Luna on a Tuesday night and we were very happy with the meal and the service. We each had a fish dish that was very good. The wine list wasn't extensive, but more than adaquate. The layout was typical of a small New York city eatery. I would definitely recommend it.