“Great Pie”

Neighborhood: Financial District
Winterport, Maine
“Great Pie”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

After waiting in line for broadway tix we found Adrienes. Wow, great surprise. Wide variety. We had white pizza with roasted peppers, spinach, and pancetta AND a saussage, sundried tomatoes with marinara sauce. Fantastic.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Surrey, Canada
“Best pizza in Manhattan and it's not even close”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

OK, so what does a Canadian and Indian know about pizza in order to boldly claim Adrienne's as the best in Manhattan? Well, our taste buds don't care where the pizza is served but they, as well as our stomachs, know when they've had it.

Having a great slice of NY pizza was near the top of our foodie list. We checked out Trip Advisor ahead of time and made note of a few of the higher ranked places, and systematically ticked them off as we were sight seeing. At least, that was the plan, but when we came across this place we kept coming back. :)

Our first visit here we had the old fashioned pizza. It comes as a big rectangle, with sauce and cheese as the only topping. It looked a little wet and started to wonder, but after my first bite I was convinced. I am more accustomed to pizza that comes loaded with toppings, so this was my first 'plain' pizza and I've never had anything so bursting with rich flavour!

And the same enthusiasm and joy we experienced with our first slice, was the same with our last. Normally my first slice is the best, then as you get full the last few are more utilitarian and done just to fill you up. But this pizza required it be enjoyed and savoured to the very end. It was seriously delicious.

We had two more pizza's here (separate visits) and tried to sneak in a third but in a 7 day trip we only had so many meals and didn't want to use them all at one place...although we were regretting that decision later.

You must try this place. :)

• Visited November 2013
Marsal
“Close to Wall Street”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

At a 10 minutes walk from Wall Street, a “triple A” occasion for good food.
The Street itself is a “must see” with sidewalk cafés and restaurants.
Adrienne’s is clearly one of the most popular restaurants in this area.
Pleasant contemporary interior. Very busy (as I mentioned, it is a popular place) and friendly staff. The pizza was very tasty and crisp, the pan fried salmon and sautéed spinach was more than perfect, a delight!

• Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“Nice Italian fare”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This has been my go to place, whenever I am in the mood for tangy marinara sauce and the spaghetti. They also do an amazing job with Eggplant parimigiana. Great small restaurant in financial district.

• Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“I don't like pizza - but I love Adrienne's pizza!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Not a big fan of pizza, mostly because I love the thinnest possible dough that's not dry and simple toppings that don't overwhelm the whole construct. Adrienne's pizza is just amazing - order the small ones (not the rectangular ones) and don't add any toppings - just go with the recommended options. There's plenty to choose from, and they're all excellent - favorites: prosciutto&arugula; also scallion, potatoes and sausage.
Great wine selection too.

Visited October 2013