“Good Italian.”

Uncle Mario's Brick Oven Pizza
Ranked #1,873 of 13,554 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Rockledge, Florida
“Good Italian.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were tired and hungry and picked Uncle Mario's simply because they had an open seat. The food was great I had grilled chicken with prosuitto, mozzarella, and eggplant in a tomato sauce with pasta. My husband got the Uncle Mario's pizza special. We both enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. The only issue was they had only one server, and while she was efficient, she needed help. We enjoyed it and would go again.

• Hebrew first
Preston, United Kingdom
“Never had a better pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Looking for somewhere to eat on our first night in New York we chanced upon Uncle Mario's and were we glad we did. We all agreed that we have never had a better pizza. The atmosphere in the place was fantastic, as were the staff. All in all it made for a great evening. A must if ever you are in New York. We shall certainly pay another visit when we return!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere and phenominal waitress”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We went here driven by curiosity after reading Trip Advisor reviews of both food and the eccentric waitress. The food definitely didn't disappoint and the waitress was terrific. I especially enjoyed the fact she topped up my wine without me ordering again -having spotted I was running low - and replaced my husband and sons beer when they finished plonking more on the table as she bustled about like a whirlwind. This isn't fine dining but you get great atmosphere good quality delicious food and fantastic efficent service.

• Visited December 2012
“Great pizza!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Looking for a quick bite for lunch at work. So my buddy turn me on to Uncle Mario. Wow....this is new York pizza. Haven't tried the hot sandwiches yet but I look forward to it. Had a plain slice and a Margarita slice and wow again. Highly recommend to come and sink your choppers into the food. Enjoy...

“Excellence on a Meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

This was our first meal in NY. We were standing reading a menu heading towards Times Square when a local approached us telling us not to waste our time or money in the area and head to 9th. We are soooooo glad we did. This was THE meal of our holiday. My husband had a pizza and I had pasta - both outstanding.

Visited September 2013