“Bike ride and walk”

$55.00*
Hudson River Park Greenway and Central Park Bike Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Bike and Roll NYC offers bicycle rentals and bike Tours of New York City and Central park with awesome new Trek bicycles maintained in-house by professional mechanics and fitted for your comfort. If you are looking for New York City & Central Park bike rentals, Bike and Roll’s got ’em! Our expansive inventory of brand-new Trek rental bikes and equipment is sure to exceed your cycling needs. All of our bikes are maintained in-house by professional mechanics, and our rental staff is here to make sure we find the perfect fit for all our riders. Just select one of the rentals from the list and we’ll give you the lowdown!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Bike ride and walk”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I feel like renting these are bikes are misleading. You can not ride on most trials in Central Park. You have to walk your bike. You can ride on the outside of Central park with cars. That was not my idea of a beautiful ride through Central Park. Although Central Park was so beautiful on all the trails inside the park, I could of just walked without pushing a bike. I thought the point was to ride the trails inside the park, not the outside. One guy was very helpful helping me a pick a bike with a comfortable seat and one guy just let us stand there forever even though we were his first customer before checking us in. The bikes are good just make sure you pick one with a good seat. They are different. This place did not have basket but a small carry on thing in the front and a bungee cord I used to strap my purse on in the back of bike. I would of preferred a basket which I saw others had from other rental places. The bikes were good for riding but I dont like riding with traffic. One more thing, they want you to go counter clockwise. We had to catch a plane and ended up having to ride the wrong way with bikes coming towards us in order to get back in time. I just ended up walking my bike around. Make sure you have plenty of time if you venture out on your own because its easy to get lost in Central Park. Its big. This is a great place for photos. We did see Belvedears castle which I thought was nice and the boathouse area. We did not get helmets because we thought we were going to be on little trails not the main road. We were in shock when we saw all the signs that said "no biking'. Sometimes we just rode anyways. The bike place is good, Its just we think its a bit misleading.

1 Thank Brelo2000
cwogas, President at Bike and Roll NYC, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Although we appreciate the idea of being able to ride on the smaller walking paths we must follow the rules of the park and this does include riding in specific areas only. We value the safety of our customers and we would not want you to put yourself, or others, in a potentially dangerous situation by riding on a walking path. The great thing about biking around the park is that it will get you to each beautiful site faster than if you were only walking around the park. We appreciate your business and we hope that you ride with us again.

Toronto, Canada
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“PIER 84 (West 43rd) - Great Weekend Activity in NYC”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Rented 5 bikes: 2 “race” bikes, 2 “performance” bikes and one regular bike. Helmets included. We picked the bikes up at West 43rd at Pier 84. We rode along the superb riverside bike path down to Battery Park (Statue of Liberty) and this took 45-60 minutes. Due to construction around the new World Trade Centre there was a short detour and we were able to find our way back to the path. We continued to South Street Seaport and took a rest. Then we turned around and road back to Battery Park and found the drop-off point. We paid an extra $5 per bike to leave the bikes at a different drop spot. Bikes worked fine and ran smoothly. This was an excellent way to spend three hours on a sunny day in NYC. Cost including the higher priced bikes and drop off fee was $174.2 for 5 bikes over 3 hours.

2 Thank HAP-TRAVEL-Canada
Whitby, ON
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My family of 3 recently rented bikes for 2 hours during what was unknowingly a big Central Park running marathon. We had a great time, but it felt a little like playing the video game Frogger - for real! We didn't event complain at the end of our 2 hours, and the gentleman in the kiosk gave us a 20% discount because he thought that it was a problem. And who says New Yorkers don't understand customer service? I would HIGHLY recommend Bike and Roll for anybody visiting Central Park. Just ask if there is a marathon first.....

1 Thank Beachtoes
Montréal
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Be careful, my paid bike tour was cancelled and they did not tell me.”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I booked a tour with them on their web site. They took the money on my credit card and sent me a confirmation email. When I showed up 15 min before the tour, no one was there. I called them and they told me the tour was cancelled. They said they left me a message, that I never received, no email or message in my hotel to try and reach me. I was very dissapointed. They said they would refund me the money, as I write it was not done yet, I hope it will be.

2 Thank angie_9898
cwogas, Manager at Bike and Roll NYC, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Angie,

We are very sorry that your tour was canceled. We understand your frustration and apologize for any inconvenience that the cancellation caused, however, we are a weather dependent business and sometimes the weather does unfortunately cause tours to be canceled. It is our job to not only provide a great product but to keep all of our customers safe and we take our customer's safety very seriously. A refund to your credit card has been processed though it does take every bank a different amount of time to post the refund. We would love the opportunity to show you how great our product is with a future tour with us.
Alexander, AR
“Awesome way to tour Central Park”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Highlight of our trip to NYC! A great way to see the Park with great stops and photo ops along the way. Dan was an awesome guide with lots of great info, very accomodating to our needs. Bicycles were in good condition and easy to ride. I would recommend this tour to anyone who is able.

Visited September 2012