“Not a good experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Ate at this restaurant with friends tonight. Very disappointed in the service and the quality of the food. We sat by the door which was cold and busy with customers coming and going. Other tables ordered before us and we arrived earlier.

We were served a basket of bread and needed to ask for butter and dipping oil. I had the bruschetta and it was cold and lacking flavor. The calamari was rubbery.

I had the grilled chicken which was pounded so thin that all the flavor was gone. My husband had linguine with clams - sauce had no flavor and was very thin and watery.

Would never return.

1  Thank Tennis1679

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Rarely do I give a place a five star rating, but this place deserved it. This awesome little (and I do mean LITTLE, absolutely tiny) Italian restaurant stole my heart and stomach. Serafina offered heavenly food, great service, and a cozy atmosphere. Between their many yummy appetizer and entree options, you're sure to find a winner. We tried the bruschetta, veal special and Garganelli Ai Pomodorini Di Collina; let me tell you, they were all AMAZING! And OMG the wine!
The ambiance and flavors we reminiscent of Italy- so much so that I actually forgot that I was in NYC. I've never had pasta in the States that came close to the flavor and delicate texture of pasta of Italy. Serafina hit all the marks that I look for in a restaurant without question. I will be returning every time I visit New York (and so should you)

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

All I can say is the food is always amazing BUT is you like artichokes you must try the fried artichoke appetizer. TO DIE FOR. it's basically an artichoke chip.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

...did not feel very welcome.

The food was very good, expensive for lunch but nice - $96 for 2 beers, spag bol, tomato pasta and 2 desserts!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The atmosphere, the wine, the pizza and the lasagna is what kept us coming back 3 times in a 4-day gataway.