“Great”

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great bowl dishes. Get the chicken with brown rice. The sushi was alright but not worth the money. You can't beat the right dollar bowl

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Everything we ate was fresh and tasty, including the tuna burger, cooked salmon rolls, and fries. The only disappointment was the cucumber salad which wasn't want we expected (just some sliced cucumbers with a thick sauce on the side). We would definitely return for a simple, fast, fresh meal.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I had the Kobe Beef burger and I was floored. What an excellent burger. Also had several of the rolls, again, just incredibly tasty and very reasonably priced. On top of all that, the staff was very friendly. I love this place. I only wish they'd come to California

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We happened to be staying around the corner from Kobeyaki and tried it one day just because we walked by and the menu looked good. It was! We had a couple of rolls, miso soup and one person had the beef bowl. It was all very tasty and at an especially good price for NYC. Be aware that it's quick service and the interior is spartan. The menu is focused but has good variety and they do offer beer, sake and wine. We enjoyed it!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stopped by for lunch with a friend today. It was a wise decision to come before 12:15 as the lines were shorter and we managed to score a seat inside the restaurant.

I went with the kobe beef burger, tempura sweet potato fries and an Arnold Palmer (free refills). The burger was nice, but I had to get used to the odd flavor of a burger with Asian-flavored sauce and slaw. The tempura sweet potato fries were super crunch. I got all 3 dipping sauces available--wasabi mayo, teriyaki ketchup and spicy mayo. The wasabi mayo is my favorite.

My friend ordered the soft shell crab bun. Some of the crab meat were fried and some just the meat which she said tasted like the imitation crab meat you put into hotpot. She was unable to finish her tempura sweet potato fries.

I will definitely come back here. I want to try the grilled beef bowl and the ramen noodle soup.