“Honeymoon in the sky”

W New York - Times Square
Ranked #268 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Great location great rooms great style
Yes the rooms are getting a little tired but it's to be expected in a busy hotel
The corner room was a great upgrade for us thank you SPG
Wifi worked great
Rooms facilities and cleanliness great too
If you are reading this and want to know what to do, where to eat and how to do New York in a few days email me I will talk diners ferries and souvenirs

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jm19007
WGuestServicesTeam, Guest Relations Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you for your honest and balanced feedback and we truly appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us. We were delighted to have you with us during this visit and look forward to welcoming you back to the heart of the Big Apple! Anything you need, our team is here for you 24/7.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,432)

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Last week I was at the W Times Square. Due to the impending snow storm my meeting were canceled and I had to leave the hotel as soon as I arrived. Lita Amelia of the hotel was very helpful in making sure it all worked out. People like Lita are the reason I stay at Starwoods and at W Hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Hello Howard! Thank you for your wonderful review and we have gladly shared your comments with Lita. We truly appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back to your new home-away-from-home!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for 4 nights to celebrate my birthday. It is in a great location in Times Square, clean rooms and has a great, friendly and very accommodating staff. They even left a personalized birthday card along with a large delicious fruit platter in my room, which I thought was very nice. The staff was helpful in every way and very polite. I will definitely be staying here again on my next trip to NYC!!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Angela P
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback.
It's great to know that you had a wonderful birthday celebration with us. Thank you for your note about the room and our talents. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

As a native Californian, NYC can feel especially cold in winter. Upon arriving at the W, with a reservation for eleven days, I was greeted by the warmest and most accomodating man, David Delvalle (I hope my spelling is accurate). What a wonderful face for your business he is! From suggesting we stay inside, out of the elements, while he hailed a cab for us to quickly welcoming us back with an open door - every time, he made us feel cared for on a very personal level. After overhearing that my birthday was coming up, he inquired as to the date and had a birthday card sent to the room. He was the first person I saw on my way out that morning and I was greeted with an exhuberant and sincere, "Happy Birthday!" That kind of attention paid to guests goes a very long way! I felt part of the W family and will choose the hotel again because of people like David who go out of their way, above the call of duty and know how to make their guests feel welcome.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator - it can be noisy at night when guests arrive late.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
WGuestServicesTeam, Guest Relations Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Hello Deirdre! Thank you for your wonderful feedback and we are delighted to hear of your great experience during your recent visit. We truly appreciate your taking the time to reach out and share your experience and our entire team looks forward to welcoming you back for many future special occasions!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Great hotel for our trip.......staff was very helpful and was quick to address any questions we had. Room was very clean and all our needs were addressed - whether doormen, check-in, cleaning crew and check-out. Couldnt have been happier. They even brought up cookies for my daughter in celebration of her 10th birthday - really made a difference to her.

Thanks for making it a great trip for us W Hotel staff!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
WGuestServicesTeam, General Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Hello Troy! Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us and I am delighted our team was able to create a special moment for you and your daughter on her special day. It was truly our pleasure to have you both with us and we look forward to seeing you back with us soon!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

If you are going to stay in the chaos of Times Square I would highly recommend this hotel. Situated smack dab in the middle of everything (if you can handle the crowd). Easy access to the train system for easy access around the city.

Staff is pleasant and usually very helpful with directions, advice and so on... Food is a good but a little pricey, however, thats expected in NYC and especially in the Square.

I usually get the corner room over looking the Square but beware the rooms can get a lot of street noise incase you are a light sleeper.

Wifi is not included but is available for Starwood gold members.

Room Tip: any of the rooms ending in XX01 for the corner rooms...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
WGuestServicesTeam, Guest Relations Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Hello and thank you for your amazing feedback! We are truly delighted to be your home-away-from-home in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple and our entire team looks forward to welcoming you back with us soon!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We ended up in this hotel as we had spent 3 nights in another hotel to see in the New Year on our way home from Mexico, but then the snow came!!! and we couldn't fly home for another 4 nights so luckily W had availability for my family of 4.
The hotel is very modern and in a fantastic location just a few steps from the famous red steps on Times Square.
Check in was easy and the room was of decent size but not much storage for clothes.
Bathroom was clean and well stocked.
Would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feeback with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay- despite it being an unexpected detour on your trip home from sunny Mexico! I apologize that the storage in your room was not adequate. Rest assured, I have personally relayed your comments to our operations team who will further investigate possible solutions to this problem. Thank you again for your great review and on behalf of the entire W Times Square team, we look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the near future!