“Great service!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sydney, Australia
“Great service!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We stayed at The W for Christmas and New Year, 2013. The service provided by the team there was fantastic. Jarrod, from the concierge team did a terrific job helping us navigate the city and get the most from our stay. His suggestions for tackling the key tourist spots during this peak time, and his service to help us bypass hours of waiting in lines were priceless. Pam and the team at the front desk were very helpful and even the housekeeping team made us feel welcome. We stayed in a WOW suite with our two children, and even though the space feels small after a week or so, it was ideal for our holiday and a great option for travelling with kids yet still having some adult space. The location of the hotel is perfect for getting around Broadway and seeing shows etc. Most theatres are literally on your doorstep, and even off Broadway shows are still very easy to get to.

We didn't realise that we wouldn't have a view of the ball drop from our room until we arrived, and that was disappointing, but we were still in the heart of the action at New Year's eve and that was more than enough for our family. Apparently there are no rooms at The W that provide views of the ball drop, and this is worth noting if New Year's eve in Times Square is on your bucket list. Still, we had the benefit of being near the action without being crushed by it, and we had a wonderful evening watching the action from our room regardless. The hotel provided us with plenty of information about our celebration options for New Year's eve too and that was very helpful.

We would happily return to this hotel if we ever visit NYC again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Hello!
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a great New Year celebration with us here in Times Square! We work diligently making sure our guest's escapes memorable and that's the service philosophy we strive for. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (955)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Great everything. I'm literally wearing the rob now writing this review in my room. This hotel is very nice and the bed is so incredibly comfortable. The only complaint would be the noise the AC makes at night, other than that everything is very nice and clean.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello!
Thank you for taking time and writing, we value our guest's feedback. We love to hear that you had an excellent stay! We hope to see you again in the future soon.
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend with plans to see a show and visit some of the attractions in Times Square.
Check in was quick and efficient, and we received a room on the 41st floor with a nice view of the river. The room was a reasonable size and very comfortable. The bathroom was quite small with no storage space for personal toiletries which I always find a drawback when I travel. Everything has a neon "mod" feel and takes a little getting used to if you aren't used to the W brand.
Wifi costs about 14.99 a day (unless you get a starwood member upgrade to free) and the business center computer costs $13.00 to use. I have never understood this policy with Starwood. They are one of the few hotels that charge for Wifi, and their Wifi has ALWAYS been a problem, wherever I stay in the Starwood community. It fades in and out and simply doesn't work well. That said, I would like to compliment one of the many helpful employees at W who went out of her way to help me with a Wifi issue at the hotel. I had to print tickets to the 911 Memorial in order to visit it during our stay. Pamela McKenna at the front desk, had me email my PDF tickets to her in order to print them out. The Wifi wasn't working properly, and the tickets weren't coming through. It took close to an hour, but she stayed with the problem until we had out tickets in hand. We really appreciated her efforts.
We had dinner and breakfast at the Blue Fin restaurant and LOVED the food and service there! I recommend the top floor of the restaurant for the nicest ambience, but you will find the attentiveness and quality of the food magnificent, wherever you are seated!
Although the hotel is showing signs of wear, here and there, like in the bar couches and cushions, I would definitely stay there again.l

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Holymolyma
Hello,
Thank you for your balance feedback. We're glad you and your husband had a great time with us. Thank you for recognizing our talent Pamela, we'll definitely share it with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I'm a former New Yorker. When I visit the city I usually stay with friends, but my husband and I felt like taking a 'staycation' and came in without a plan. Using a rock bottom hotels website, we spent the first night at a funky boutique hotel down the street. It was fine, but we spun the roulette wheel again and the W came up. The website guarantees a room, but it is up to the desk clerk to decide your night's sleep. It wasn't until checking in that I remembered that my Amex is Starwoods brand, which entitled us to an upgrade. And up we went to the 44th floor in a huge, spotless king room with a grand view of Times Square. I can honestly say that this is the best bed I have ever slept in. As noted by others, the room should have blackout curtains. The service was professional and personalized - a bonus for a property this huge. Aside from the Bliss toiletries, it's buyer beware when it comes to extras. The usury includes a $15 wifi charge, 7 bucks for a candy bar and room service coffee comes out to about $25 with all of the surcharges and tip- definitely out of my splurge zone. We brought up coffee from the Starbucks on the corner (it was packed!!). That said, the bedroom was an oasis in Time Square. Oh, the windows open up about 3 inches. Lets in the noise but also some needed fresh air as the room was overheated.

Room Tip: We were in 4409, which had a great view, was very large and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello! Thank you for taking time and providing us positive feedback. We're glad you and your husband had a great escape with us. We look forward to welcoming you back and please do not hesitate to reach out to us prior to the arrival for any future reservations.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 14, 2014

If you want a posh and swanky stay while in New York, nothing beats the W in Times Square. The atmosphere and service is top notch; I've never stayed at a hotel with better service. Anything you want--they accomodate--no questions asked. And the amostphere is like none other around the Times Square. The entire hotel feels like a posh nightclub. All the rooms are super clean, modern and accomodate the perfect NY experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to get the best view of Times Square and surrounding blocks
Green Features: They offer you extra SPG points if you decline towel service; if you're staying multiple nights, it's a great deal
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
WGuestServicesTeam, Guest Relations Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Hello Martino!

Thank you for your amazing review and we are delighted you enjoyed the visit and the vibe! We love guest feedback as we work every day to ensure our guests have a unique and memorable escape with us. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Where do I begin...INCREDIBLE. The staff was beyond accommodating. e were lucky enough to have Audi there and they took us around a few time(we bough an A7). The restaurant had good food and good service. the club was fun and good drinks. We had a little suite and it was clean and great views. Definitely go back

Room Tip: the elevators are not facing the rooms - no worries there, get the suite!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello and thank you! Your feedback is truly appreciated and we are delighted you had a wonderful experience with us. We will gladly share your feedback with our team and we look forward to welcoming you back! Anything you need, our team is here for you 24/7.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I recently stayed at the W Hotel at Times Square and couldn't rave more about this hotel and its wonderful staff. The W is a Starwood property, and I am a loyal SPG member. Upon checking into the hotel, I was greeted and recognized as such and automatically given an upgrade and a late checkout the next day, which was truly a pleasant surprise. It was really nice to have the staff acknowledge my SPG status. The newly upgraded room was a corner room with a beautiful view of the city skyline and river, and the decor and ambiance of the room was outstanding. The bathroom (especially the shower) was amazing, and the king bed was divine. I truly felt like the room lent itself to rest and relaxation.

Shortly after checking in, I met a friend at the bar on the 7th floor and was yet again impressed with the courteous and friendly staff. We then decided to go to dinner, and the concierge (conveniently just a few steps away from the bar) was able to locate a restaurant and make us a reservation. That level of service only added to the already wonderful experience...and I had only been at the hotel for three hours at that point!

The next day, I took full advantage of my late checkout and enjoyed some delicious room service. I was really sad to end my mini vacation!

Some of the selling points of this property:

- The location. Truly in the heart of Manhattan with lots of restaurants and bars nearby. You also feel tucked away from the hustle of Times Square, even though it's right around the corner!
- The decor. The hotel is very swanky and cool. It has a hip, cutting-edge vibe and you can't help but feel sexy being there. Kudos to whoever visualized and implemented the design.
- The staff. I had zero problems during my stay, which is unheard of since I usually encounter one issue or another when I have stayed at other properties. The staff were efficient, friendly, welcoming, and very helpful.
- The SPG recognition. As mentioned, I really appreciated that the staff recognizes its SPG members. That added level of attention made my stay completely worth it.

Again, I can't rave enough about this hotel and highly recommend it if you are looking for an awesome place to stay in NYC.

Room Tip: If a corner room is available, ask for one. The two walls of windows were outstanding.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Nicole!

Thank you for your truly wonderful review and we so appreciate your feedback! Comments like yours inspire our team to ensure your stay with us is always indicative of a true W experience. We have since gladly shared your comments with our entire team and so look forward to welcoming you back with us for another perfect evening!