“Great Location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida
“Great Location”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

If you want location this hotel is perfect! We were able to walk to everything, I would say easily except for the massive crowds around TS which is not the hotel's fault! The hotel bar is fun and a nice alternative when you don't want to fight the crowds. The rooms are small but what I would expect for most hotels in NYC. Comfortable stay in a great location with good service, just what we expected from the W!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Hello,

We are happy that you enjoyed your experience with us and look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (955)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Framingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Let's start with the obvious: the location can't be beat. This is why you stay at the W in Times Square. You don't do it for the luxurious bath tub (there isn't one) or the spacious room (no on that front as well). You're not expecting a quiet, well-appointed room or an on-site spa. And, if you were expecting a great view, you may be disappointed, as most of the rooms overlook the Hilton (but you can also see the Church of Scientology!)

All of that aside, if you're just looking for a place to lay your head in the middle of the city, it's a wonderful location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Hello there! Thank you for your candor as we truly appreciate our guests’ comments. I’m sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your stay with us. Our rooms with a king bed only offer showers but we also have our rooms with two double beds that have a tub; I apologize that it was not offer to you. Our location is certainly one of our main attractions but I truly hope that you would give us another opportunity to enjoy the W Experience. We have corner rooms which offer wonderful panoramic views of either the Hudson River or Times Square and should you decide to give us another chance, we can ensure that you experience one of those rooms. Please feel free to connect with us prior to your arrival and we’ll ensure you have a much more positive experience with us!

All the best,
Middletown, Rhode Island
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Location of course and the typical W artsy aspects are great. Walking distance to shows, shopping and all Christmasy sort of things at this time of year. Overall good - but typical to a city rooms a bit small...might expolore other boutique hotels before staying here again - on the other hand - a good deal would bring me back.

Room Tip: The higher up the better!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We certainly have an unbeatable location and being just steps from shows, shopping and other main attractions are part of our charm. I’m sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with the size of our rooms but I am glad to hear that in overall you enjoyed staying with us. Throughout the year, we do offer great promotions so please check our website and keep us in mind for your next visit. And should you have any special requests, please do not hesitate to connect with us prior your arrival!
All the best,
uk
Reviewed December 20, 2013

What a fantastic hotel to stay in, my fiance and i stayed in teh W at times square earlier this year, the staff were lovely and the interior is beautiful , rooms are great also.
the is situated to the right of TKTS on times square so its very handy .
My fiance and i also went to the bar one night and we had a great time, the dj was great and people were dancing , also spotted a few premier league players from england staying at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daisyd82
WGuestServicesTeam, Guest Relations Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful words in regards to your stay with us and we are delighted we were able to provide you with all the makings of a great experience! We look forward to welcoming you back to the heart of the Big Apple and anything you need, we are here for you 24/7!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The staff at the W Times Square rocks. For being one of the busiest travel destinations they always go above and beyond in making sure I feel welcome. Would stay at the property again and look forward to seeing Pamela, Adam, Jose, and Frankie again soon.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the best. Ask for view of the Hudson for a special treat.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Hi there! Thank you for sharing your very kind commentsabout our talent. We are delighted to hear that Pam, Adam, Frankie, and Jose went above and beyond to ensure all of your expectations were exceeded. We hope your travels return you to the W Times Square in the near future!
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Came here a few years ago for a works do, the location is amazing just off time square so it is so easy to get around the city and it has to be the best hotel I have stayed in NYC. The rooms were lovely and we had a great view of the square and you really get that feel of the buzz of the city.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location right in the middle of Times Square. It certainly is an exciting and energetic place to be, and it sounds as though you are due for another visit soon! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us prior to your next visit so we can ensure it is as wonderful as your last.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have been an hotelier for greater than 40 years and personally I have stayed in Starwood hotels for 1000+ nights. I understand the importance of paying attention to details, and that “little things mean a lot.” When it comes to guest satisfaction, the W New York Times Square is simply the best of the best.

The most important element of any successful hotel is its staff. Everybody I came in contact with at the W was polite and well trained. Check-in went smoothly, and though I arrived early and had to wait a short time for my room, I received a phone call as soon as it was available. At check-out time I was amazed that the guest service representative did not ask for my room number – she actually recognized me and remembered which room I was in.

The room I stayed in was very clean and the furnishings were in good taste and in excellent condition. I was pleasantly surprised how quiet the room was considering it is in the heart of New York City. I am probably one of the few people that still prefer a bathtub so the shower-only was a disappointment, but I am well aware that most guests would desire the W Hotel’s large walk-in shower.

Location is important and the W New York Times Square is in the center of most attractions. I was there to see Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and I only walked a couple blocks to have a great view. Everything I wanted to do was just a short walk away. The W is in the center of the theater district, not far from the boutiques on Fifth Avenue, and near many good restaurants.

I am retired but if I were still in the hotel business I would be proud to be associated with such a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful remarks with us! We agree that the "little things" mean alot and we work diligently each day to build a service culture, responsive to the individual needs of our guests. We regret that all of our rooms do not have bathtubs in them, but we can certainly work with you to accomodate this preference in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly when your travels return you to the W Times Square so we can ensure another great getaway!