“Great location...Nice Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Great location...Nice Hotel”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights (from 19/02/2013 till 21/02/2013). I would like to list the Good and bad things during my stay.

Good things:

1. Location is great as its just 1 min walk to times square and its in front of starbucks cafe, which is great to have a breakfast before starting your day.

2. Our room was in floor 54, and just in front of the elevators, but even though we didn't hear any kind of noise.

3. Rooms are large in size.

4. the toilet kits are from "bliss" which is a great brand and make your shower more enjoiyable.

5. Beds are comfortable.

6. Staff are very friendly

Bad things:

1. The toilet is not very clean and it seems that it's overused.

2. The lobby is in floor 7. so you have to take the elevator to floor 7 then change the elevator to get to your room.

3. expensive rooms per night.

Room Tip: take high floor rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Farah83
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We agree with you that our location cannot be beat. I am very happy to hear that you also enjoyed the size of our rooms and the big comfy beds! Bliss products are amazing - I even use them at home! I apologize about the toilet being dirty and appearing to be overused. That is not the quality standard that we set here at the W Times Square and I sincerely apologize. With the Living Room being set on the 7th floor it adds an extra element of security for our guests. For example, after the Living Room Bar closes, nobody can enter the hotel without showing our security team a hotel room key. It is little things like that extra security that ensure our guests' safety and also helps to create great experiences. I apologize that you did not agree with our security measures. We hope that you come back to stay with us soon. Please reach out when you do and we look forward to welcoming you back.

All the best,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (958)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mainz
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Times Square - fantastic location.
W Hotels - Great hotel brand.

My advice: pay a liitle extra for a corner room - breathtaking :-)

Service - unfortunately non existent. Staff are too busy looking cool, eating and drinking, chatting amongst themselves too provide any kind of service. After 18.00hrs management appears to leave and at the same time the service stops.

• Stayed February 2013
Justin A, W Insider at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Hi there Alexandert,

Sorry to hear that you didn’t have a great escape. I’d love have a deeper understanding of what we specifically missed the mark on. Please reach out to me directly at Justin.Araujo@whotels.com

We’re here for you, 24/7

Justin Araujo
W Insider
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Right in the centre of Times Square. If you mind the crowd and occasional sirens in the middle of the night, it is a good place to stay. Great beds, reasonable room size. But the lighting in the room is a bit too dim for reading. Nice staff. Restaurant on tge ground floor, Blue Fin, serves great breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank LIGCouple
The hustle and bustle of Times Square can be a bit overwhelming at times and definitely noisy, but I am glad tht you agree our location cannot be beat. If you are looking to be in the heart of NYC, this is the right hotel! Blue Fin's breakfast is a great way to start your day and they also offer lunch and dinner - their sushi and seafood is some of the best in the entire city! Our room designers did a great job at maximizing the space available and for those who like to read, we have lights placed on the bed in the perfect spot to give a great reading light. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.

New York City
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I live in New York City (West 80s)...but this hotel is so fabulous, I book a couple of nights a few times each year for weekend "staycations". Service is truly outstanding - from the bellmen to the front desk staff to the bartenders and servers in the Living Room bar and the BlueFin restaurant (delicious - not to be missed!). I love that the rooms have DVD players in them. The size of the rooms are quite good for NYC and are decorated in a hip style and are always very clean. The Bliss bath ameneties are a nice touch! The hotel fitness center is just perfect...good selection of and well-spaced cardio and weight machines, with a separate room for free weights and stretching.

I can't say enough about the W Times Square - which I like to call my home away from home. Oh yeah....the slight frangrance throughout the hotel is heavenly. I finally realized they sell it in their cool little lobby boutique and bought some for my home not-away from home!

Room Tip: I've stayed in several rooms: It depends on what you like. I enjoy seeing Times Square out the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank twizzlirzzz
We are so thrilled that you consider our hotel your "home away from home" and thank you for your loyalty! It is our goal to always provide the best guest experience and it is feedback like yours that help us to know that we are doing the right thing. Blue Fin's food cannot be beat and the scent in our hotel is definitely something to experience. We even offer candles in the W Store that can make your home smell just like the W Times Square. Thank you, once again, for your kind words and please reach out next time you plan to stay with us so that we can welcome you back in style.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Location, location, location... but a bit too much of it. Maybe a block further next time...

It exorbitant prices, close to 700 USD / night, I was expecting way more.

Pros:
+ The views of Times Square
+ the bar on the check-in floor
+ the bar on the 1st floor with a lovely jazz singer and great cocktails
+ great à la carte breakfast

Cons:
- cramped, small rooms (Cool Corner Room), grey paint to make it feel even smaller
- very noisy A/C unit outside the room (hence sleep quality 3*)
- the bouncers outside the hotel
- small bathroom with cool milk glass (half seethrough)

Room Tip: Stay in a suite if you want to stay here
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi there Hennessyparadis,

W New York – Times Square Hotel sits on the pulse of New York City, steps away from great shopping, famous landmarks, and the bright lights of Broadway! Our accommodations are competitive with neighboring hotels and our talent (staff) takes your safety seriously.

Though the W does have a particualar style, I can certainly appreciate that it does not necessarily cater to everyone's taste. For this reason, we can provide "shower in secret" bathroom covers, an alternative for those seeking a little more privacy. For this, or anything else you may need for any future trips, please feel free to reach out to me at justin.araujo@whotels.com

Anything you need, we're here for you.

Justin Araujo
W Insider
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Everything was amazing about our stay from the moment we walked in to the W Times Square. The rooms, bar in the hotel, service from the front desk to the management, EVEN the products in the rooms, were all spectacular. We experienced a tiny bump in the road upon checking in - which we did not even mind - and they went above and beyond to make up for our room not being ready in time. Our experience at the W was definitely nothing short of impeccable and I will definetly be returning there!

Room Tip: Definetly try to get a high numbered floor in the hotel - the busy bustling unavoidable traffic 24/7...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your response! We always aim to provide top-notch service and I am glad that we did not disappoint. I am also very happy to hear that although there was a delay in getting your room, the management and staff did everything possible to keep you happy and excited to being staying at the W Times Square. We hope that your travels bring you back and we can't wait to be able to welcome you back. Until then, safe travels.

Syosset, New York
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We spent presidents day weekend at the hotel. The location of the hotel is perfect: right off of 47th st and broadway. The staff was typical new york. A bit abrupt and not very helpful. They could not be bothered with questions. The room was nice but small. For $400 a night, you would expect more. The food at Blue Fin was excellent. I dont think I will be back at this hotel. The beds were terrible. My wifes back started hurting.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dan E, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Hi there!
It is feedback like yours that helps to make us better. I appreciate your feedback. Thankfully, you were able to enjoy the location of the hotel and the great Blue Fin restaurant. It bothers me that our staff did not give you the service you would expect from a W. Here at the W Times Square we pride ourselves in providing top notch service and I will personally be bringing this review to the attention of our front of house talent coaches. I do hope that you give us a chance to prove to you that we truly are one of the best hotels in New York City. Next time you find yourself in the area, please feel free to reach out to me and I will personally see to your reservation. I look forward to welcoming you back.