“Great Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Doha, Al Jahra, Kuwait
“Great Stay”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Had a fantastic week here in December. The hotel was lovely and the location was perfect. The real benefit of staying here though has to be the whatever whenever staff we couldn't speak highly enough of them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dan E, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Hi Jason,

We're glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our Whatever/Whenever service! We're very proud of their dedication to exceptional customer service. Keep us in mind next time your travels bring you to NYC!

All the best,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (955)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed on Starwood points for one night between Christmas and New Year's Eve. The Spectacular room had good views, and was good size for NYC. Was upgraded at check-in (I just hit Platinum with Starwood) by the extemely courteous desk agent. At checkout, I passed along some relatively minor complaints about housekeeping, and the desk staff went out of their way to offer some proper adjustment at check out. Was followed by an email from the Ops Manager the next day. This level attention shows that these sort of blips are an aberration for the property.

Bed was extremely comfortable. Fun and funky like all Ws, I would stay here again if I needed proximity to theatres or Times Square.

The massive crowds outside the hotel in Times Square are a reminder that this is an extremely high traffic hotel (especially this time of year), so wear and tear and volume delays are not a real shocker...what makes up for it is the staff attentiveness and follow-up.

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Myself and now my fiance stayed at the W on Saturday night. i set up a surprise proposal with Patrick Armano in guest services. I told my now fiance we are going to Blue Fin for dinner and we will get a gift certificate if we take a tour of the W. this was all fake and in the background I was working with Patrick and his team to set up the room. I ordered Flowers and big balloons that said Marry Me. Patrick walked us up and as she entered the room she saw the balloons. She was shocked. Patrick and his team did all of the work. found the flowers and balloon place and took care of everything. If you need anything done just ask Patrick he was a pleasure to deal with. We were on the 55th floor and the views were great. the room was great. It was a great experience. Thank You Patrick for all of your help.

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the W for my big day. I only casually mentioned to the reservation agent that I would be staying for my birthday. To my surprise and delight, when I arrived in my room there was a bday card and sweets. Very nice touch. Also, just after my departure I recieved an email asking my feedback. Love it when hotels are concerned about service.

The room was spacious and modern. We were on t he highrise side which was nice.

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed right after Christmas and did not have a top notch experience. We have stayed at multiple W hotels in the US and Canada and always enjoyed the overall vibe and rooms. We upgraded to a spectacular room but it was anything but. I was surprised by the small size even by Manhattan standards. But most of all I was disappointed by the little things. First, the pay per view was down the entire time we were there with no idea on when it would be fixed. Our DVD player was also broken and despite calling the front desk twice and talking personally to a manager it was never fixed or replaced. Our room service breakfast was also a mess with the food prepared incorrectly and tasting like a bad cafeteria. In their defense, they paid for our breakfast and drinks at the bar as compensation. I would rather they just take care of the little things. Unfortunately, we will not be back and cannot recommend.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mike S
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have been to NYC three times and I always stay at the W. The location is PERFECT right in the dead middle of times square. The hotel is gorgeous and staff is great. I can not say enough wonderful things about the concierge staff! They went above and beyond planning our days for us. My husband and I love the restaurant down stairs and the rooms are gorgeous. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I don't know if I could say enough about the incredible Whatever/Whenever concierge team of W New York - Times Square. My wife and I got engaged in December 2011 while staying here and i wanted to find a way to commemorate that tremendously magical experience at our stay this year. I told the Whatever/Whenever team about my wife's favorite color, her favorite candy, and the song she walked down the aisle to at our wedding. The W team took that and created a moment almost as memorable as the moment I got down on one knee at Rockefeller Center and asked her to marry me.

The staff was incredibly attentive and accomodating to us and did everything they could to make our anniversary weekend as special as it could possibly be. A small example beyond our romantic setting was the fact that our original room was on the 12th floor and my wife and I prefer to be a little higher up. We mentioned it to the concierge team and we were moved to the 44th floor by the next evening.

Again, I can't say enough about The W New York - Times Square. It's wonderfully appointed, staffed with top-tier professionals, and will add to anyone's New York City trip.

The only comment I could offer as a "con" is the fact that I require a firm pillow to sleep on and the default pillows are pretty soft. I didn't ask but I'm sure I would have been provided one or two if I had. The bed and bedding are top notch however.

Room Tip: Cool Corner rooms are wonderful, particularly on the higher floors if you prefer a city view.