“Excellent location”

W New York - Times Square
Ranked #270 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed in room 5008 on the 50th floor, for 3 nights. This was a "spectacular" 2 x dbl bed room. A really good sized room for NYC with a great view. The beds and bedding are incredibly comfortable and because we where so high up, resonably quiet for New York - a great nights sleep. The room had a large tv, dvd player, internet connection, alarm clock, iron & ironing board, safe, hair dryer, will stocked mini bar and a handy box of treats, adaptor plug, umbrella etc. On the downside the bathroom wall is frosted glass so not ideal for privacy if staying with friends or colleagues and the towels are quite small though the toiletries where lovely. There also isn't much storage, just 1 single drawer plus closet and 2 bed side tables. Overall, a nice modern room though it was looking a bit worn and tired, ready for a refurb.
The general hotel facilities are great, with a shop, gym, concierge, bar, restaraunt etc and even free to use internet access in reception.
The cocktails in the bar are outstanding, a skilful blend of unusual flavours - the juicer box and strawberry mojito are especially nice!
The location is excellent, literally right on times square, the lobby entrance is a 1min walk from the Times Square red steps.
Reuters also a handy Starbucks directly across from the entrance.
I would definitely stay again.

There are newer reviews for W New York - Times Square

Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I love every little detail of the hotel, from the face soap to the decoration in general. You can even buy their beds online! It's really hard to get up from the beds because they are so comfortable and sheets are amazing. The mood of the lobby/bar is awesome at all times. The only down thing is that the room was not 100% clean, shower wall had 2 hairs when we got there and the bathroom stand was all rusted

2  Thank BikerKittyKat7
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Everything was great about this place except for the noise from outside that came through the thin windows and kept us up half the night (which seems to be a problem with most nyc hotels)and the fact that when I called housekeeping for toothpaste they brought it about 10 min later and then again about 40 min later when we were asleep and they did not believe us that we got it so they went ahead and called us waking us up again.

1  Thank hfd123
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've been to the hotel many times for both business & pleasure. The staff is great - especially the team that expedites you out of your cab and up to the 7th floor lobby. For such a high traffic hotel, the rooms are always clean and well stocked. The staff is also excellent. To me, this is the best W of the many in the city!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Avery M
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Once a year, my friend and I treat ourselves with a trip to NY. We try new hotels and new restaurants. After reading the comments about the W Time Square, we didn’t hesitate for a minute to book a « spectacular » room for the weekend. We got more than we expected, room 5508 with a great view of Time Square. It was spacious, modern and very clean. The beds were very confortable. In the bathroom, we enjoyed every day the toiletries from Bliss.
We tried their restaurant the Blue Fin and the food was really good. Their tuna, sushi and salmon tartar were very tasty.
Patrick Armano, the Director of Guest Experience, welcomed us. He was so friendly. The staff was always smiling and happy to help. Thank you all, especially Patrick who made our stay so enjoyable and unforgettable! He was always taking his time to answer our questions, to guide us and to recommend the best places and shows.
The W was a great experience that we will definitively go back to and next time we'll bring a long our husbands(:
If you want to enjoy a nice hotel, I highly recommend the W Time Square.

Room Tip: Ask for a heigh floor far from elevator for a quiet room. we loved 5508
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Littlewave2
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I travel to NYC several times a year for business and with family, we stayed in many of the city nicest hotels over the years including other W hotels. I can say that my stay at the W Times Sq just blew me away!
For starters, the hotel is magnificent. Location, rooms, beds, amenities, view...better then all 5 star hotels I've stayed in.
The one area that sets this particular W Hotel apart from any other stay I had is personal service.
Believe me, I'm just another Joe Schmoe. No platinum status, No special celebrity connection, nonetheless, me and my family were treated like royalty from the moment we booked our stay.
I've received personal emails from Patrick Armano before, during and after our stay to make sure we are having the best time humanly possible while we are guests at the W.
Taking the W modus operandi of "Whatever, Whenever" to a whole other level.
Reserve a table in the restaurant, book the Acura experience, making sure we had a good night sleep and that we don't need anything else.
In addition, this stay was the first time I was able to test the new W iPhone app.
While seating in a restaurant for dinner, I was able to quickly click and request turn-down service for my kids bed.
While shopping on 5th avenue, request some extra towels and bath soap.
Not only were all of our requests promptly fulfilled, they were always personally followed up to make sure we were satisfied.
We had to abruptly and for emergency reasons cut our stay 1 night short, the folks at the W quickly checked us out and refunded our last night stay (despite pre-paying for it).
They made sure to follow up days after we were checked out to see if our emergency was resolved and that we are doing okay.
Folks, stop looking, start booking. This hotel puts the "A" in clAss. or rather, puts both W's in WoW.
Thanks Patrick, Daniel and the rest of the W staff for making this stay so special, see you soon.

IG

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MuadibRB
Reviewed November 18, 2012

When you travel a lot you are used to going to Hotel's which all look a bit similiar. This hotel was a breath of fresh air compared to the norm, great decoration both in the public areas and the rooms, very lively lobby and great rooms. Probably the most imaginative room I've stayed in in a hotel. I was lucky with a corner room with windows on two sides one overlooking times square. Really comfortable bed, nice bathroom with excellent products. Friendly and helpful staff. The Hotel is superbly positioned right on Times Square with a great restaurant at the bottom (Blue Fin). I stayed here three nights and really enjoyed it. Expensive though everywhere is in the centre of New York and the breakfast could off been better but apart from that no complaints.

Room Tip: Get a corner room, high up, overlooking Times Square if you can.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business