“Location Location Location”

Ranked #273 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Disclaimer: I LOVE the W Brand

If theater is on your NYC travel agenda, this is a perfect, modern, and (actually) quite location.
Decor, like all W's, is trendy and cool.
Live DJs in the ultra cool lobby, located on the 7th floor.

NOTE: you need to take 2 elevators to get to your room. First one to lobby, then second bank to your room. You will need room keys for the latter. The extra Security is appreciated.

Some room furnishings could be freshened up, not so much in design, but wear and tear.

Room Tip: I had room close to elevators and ice machine, neither of which was a problem, noise wise. The brig...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (4,403)

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Needed 3 nights close to work while apartment was under renovation, and I am so totally impressed with W TimesSquare. Everything here is in the exact place you expect, meaning consistent to a T. I've been to over 10 different W's and this one is where I would absolutely suggest to friends family and strangers where to have the best experience for a perfect location + peace and comfort above the wild action below. No matter which way you cut it, the place is a value for an incredibly clean and fresh stay.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Great locations with beautifu time square views ... The staff will bend over backwards to help ... Ask for just about anything and they will arrange It... We stayed in a high floor room with a time square view , it was snowing and made everything perfect for the holidays ...

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank mikie g
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Overall, the W Times Square is a well-appointed property with reasonably spacious (for Manhattan) rooms, fine amenities and good service. Why then can I give it no more than an "Average" rating? The title of my review tells all. In 2012, there can be no excuse for charging a guest in a $350.- (minimum) room for internet access. Every Doubletree, Holiday Inn and most no-tell Motels provide high-speed internet access at no cost. Not having this access is a serious inconvenience in a wired world.

Get with the times, W!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank purposefultravel
WNewYorkTimesSquare, General Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thanks so much for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the W Times Square overall, and can sympathize with your frustration regarding complimentary internet service. I do want to point out that this is free in our public areas, and once you reach Gold or Platinum status as a Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) it is complimentary, too, in room. I do think we offer a more heightened experience at a W than our less expensive colleagues in the industry. All that said - your patronage is valued and I'll look forward to welcoming you here again in the not-too-disant future. If you'll reach out to me directly, I'll be sure to personally craft some WOW moments for you.

Have a great week!

Jim

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The hotel is in the middle of the city, right in the heart of times square. The rooms are very pretty with a sober design, everything is clean and well preserved (except the corridors, they tend to be dirty). Unfortunately the service is not on par with the facilities, the staff is helpful but you never get the impression that they are there for you (trays of food tend to remain on the corridors for many hours), for the rates they charge you expect the staff to go a little out of their way to make your stay a great experience. Overall the hotel gets good grades only because of it's wonderfull location and good design.

Room Tip: Higher floors for a fantastic view of times square
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank David G
WNewYorkTimesSquare, General Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

David - Thank you so much for your comments! I'm glad you liked the hotel overall, but am concerned you did not experience the service we are known for here. You may be certain I will reading your letter aloud at our staff meeting tomorrow morning. Meantime, please contact me directly before your next trip to New York. I'd truly love the opportunity to WOW you, and given the chance will promise to make sure you leave with a smile. Until then, I wish you safe travels wherever you may be going.

Best -

Jim

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at the W Times Square with my family for my birthday from September 26 to 29 and had the most amazing experience! Upon arrival, we were greeted by two managers-Francis and Thomas who were waiting with our room keys and immediately took us to the Welcome Desk on the 7th floor where check-in took just seconds. Then we were ushered to our separate rooms where our luggage was delivered as well. When we entered my room, I was stunned by the views, the amenities and how nice the room was.The hotel is very elegant, modern and vibrant. The rooms had the most breathtaking views of Times Square and the city and was very well appointed. That evening I was very pleasantly surprised when birthday cake and greetings were delivered to my room. The location of the hotel is unbeatable-right in the middle of the action of Times Square where theaters, shops and restaurants are literally outside the hotel doors. The staff of the hotel are very polite and professional and provide the best customer services. The hotel also offers a complimentary Acura MDX car service within a 3 mile radius. Everything about the W Times Square is perfect and makes you feel special. I travel frequently and this is one of the best hotels I have stayed at. I would recommend this hotel to anyone in a heartbeat for a great stay in the vibrant Big Apple.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Peter S
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I really gotta hand it to the W group in New York for really having a great atmosphere, but the W Times Sq. is their crown jewel. The place is really well maintained and the rooms are magically clean. By magically I mean you feel like the first person who stayed there. I like it when I'm surprised and wanted to suggest this to anyone and everyone looking for the best hotel in midtown.

Room Tip: Higher floors are equally exciting and peaceful.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business