We booked this hotel simply because it was available to us for "free", using our credit card points.
The hotel is set in a beat-down part of the city. Not much around, but it's a 10 minute walk away from the lively part of NYC.
Rooms were standard for a "Best Western", and breakfast was alright. Our stay was average up till the very end, when we were quite disappointed.
#1. We got charged $100 + Tax for checking out half an hour past their check-out time. I understand that we were in breach of the check-out time, but felt that $100 for 30 minutes was a bit harsh.
#2. In haste of packing, we left our brand new 64 GB iPad Mini in the room. We called the hotel immediately upon realizing this, however they claim that no iPad Mini was turned into Lost & Found. I am quite confident that somebody walked away with it. Can't really point any fingers at this point. What added insult to injury was the extreme nonchalance displayed by the staff at the hotel. I was essentially told that the hotel is not responsible for items left in the room.
Wrote to their Customer Care department, but that effort was in vain as well.
All in all, I don't think that the staff working at the hotel is particularly honest. It may be a "one off", but our experience at this joint has left a sour taste - and we will not be returning here, or to any other Best Western any time soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just half a block from the Jacob Javits Convention Center, the Magnuson Convention Center Hotel is a short 10-15min walk from Times Square,the Theater District, Madison Square Garden, Penn Station, Port Authority, and other major attractions and transportation hubs. Amenities and Services Provided: -Complementary American Style Hot Breakfast Buffet -Complementary Wi-Fi -Business Center -Tempur-pedic Beds in every room -Shared Shuttle and Taxi service TO the Airport (Fees Apply) -NYC Attractions and Tours (Fees Apply) -Safety Boxes in all rooms -Iron and Ironing Board -Hair Dryer -Shampoo, Conditioners, Soap, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Magnuson Convention Center Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hotel New York City
- Best Western Convention Center Hotel
- Best Western New York City
- New York City Best Western