Tripadvisor
New York City
3,603 results
All reviews central park wayfarer restaurant great location new york nespresso machine carnegie hall room service concierge service corner room the air conditioning columbus circle wonderful hotel street noise two blocks nyc hotel around the corner times square
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

Modern, beautiful, excellent staff, amazing breakfast that is not a buffet (what a treat!). The well appointed room has ample space. Great fitness facilities. Central location. Close to Central Park for early morning runs. Well worth it!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Trek484819
Reviewed January 4, 2020

As I say in the title, when I read review sites like Trip Advisor, I give more weight to postive than the negative. Some people just like to complain and, also, people that are satisfied are less likely to post a review than those that are not. And, frankly, a lot of negative reviews are petty or based on unrealistic expectations. But in the case of the Quin Hotel I can honestly say that it underwhelmed in almost every aspect and wish I had heeded those who warned.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations
HiltonGrandVacations, Senior Director Area Operations at The Quin Central Park by Hilton Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

I truly appreciate your honest feedback and loyalty as a Diamond member. I deeply regret we were unable to provide you with an enjoyable experience. I am sorry your stay did not meet your expectations and you were left feeling underwhelmed. If given the opportunity, it would be an honor to make things right and extend our warmest hospitality to you in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2020

Sitting and waiting across from reception desk but they didn’t bother to tell me when room was ready. Dark and dank room. Bad HVAC. Coffeemaker didn’t work and cups (paper!) were too big to fit. Holes in headboard fabric! Only compliment I can give is the bathroom was spacious and fairly nice. How we hair/soap/lotion products were not consistent. Minor point but no Cotton/q-tips. Location good but that is about all.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Woodrow W

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback. I am very sorry we disappointed you during your recent visit. I will address your arrival process with our front desk team. I will also have our engineering team look at the room you occupied and make any necessary repairs. We are grateful for your comments so we may continue to refine our guest experience. We hope you will give us the chance to earn your business when your travels return you to New York City.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

Our room on the third floor was comparable to a Hampton Inn room. I don't know how stars are given for a hotel, but with my travel experiences, I would say it was maybe a 3.5 star hotel, not even close to a 5. We did not have construction or street noise as I read in previous reviews. That was a positive.
There is no room service, no dresser, no mini-bar, no pay-per-view movies. There is no fancy soaps or luxurious linens. Everything in the room was very basic except for the shower.
The doormen were 5 star plus. We always felt attended to by them.
Overall,iIt is nice enough, just don't expect a 5 star experience and don't pay for one.

Room tip: I would not stay here unless you can be guaranteed a remodeled room.
2  Thank WAtravelgrl

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry your recent stay fell short of your expectations. This was not an accurate reflection of our commitment to hospitality. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with our recent change with in-room dining and the mini bar. We discontinued room service in response to fewer guest requests. We found many guests preferred to enjoy the expansive culinary scene in New York City through dine in, takeout, or delivery service. Similarly, guests preferred to utilize the refrigerator for personal items during their stay. While it was not our intent, I am sorry for any disappointment this may have caused you. We hope we can extend a warm welcome to you whenever your travels next bring you to New York City.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

Things have changed dramatically since our last visit a year ago. The Quin isconverting to a Hilton time share - all the amenities we enjoyed are gone: ROOM SERVICE, in-room pay for view movies, coffee maker in room, complimentary lobby coffee just to name a few. We had asked for our usual suite with 1 and 1/2 baths - our first room, an interior room with a view of construction, had only one bath. Per our request, we switched to a very expensive suite on one of the newly constructed suites, BUT once again with only one bath and the nice wall-to-wall carpeting had been replaced with area rugs and cood floors. When asked about the missing 1/2 bath, the manager simply responded, " yeah, that's the thing..." we will not be returning - ×)when the Quin opened, it was named that because it was the "QUINTESSENTIAL" hotel, having everything you would need. Not anymore - goodbye to The Quin and to Hilton.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank ArlingtonFluffy

Thank you for your feedback and loyalty over the years. As you know, our hotel recently joined the Hilton Grand Vacations portfolio and we have been making adjustments and improvements. I am thrilled to let you know, the planned enhancements will elevate your experience beyond what you have been accustomed to over the years. We appreciate your patience as we transform our property. We hope for a future opportunity to extend our warmest hospitality to you again.