“Great location friendly staff! ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of the Quin

You added the Quin to your Saves list
the Quin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 West 57th Street, at 6th Avenue, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Up to 20% Off Book today!
Ranked #45 of 478 Hotels in New York City
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“Great location friendly staff! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Had a great experience at The Quin, though it was only a one night stay the hotel was great! The staff was exceptionally friendly the room was very clean it is an older building recently renovated which is typical of NYC the reno's are great very modern.. The shower was awesome good water pressure spacious they also had rooms with 2 queen beds which is hard to find in NY... The only issue we had (and when I say issue it was almost a none issue) was the hall ways were extremely hot and humid I don't think they air condition them at all a friend I was travelling with is asthmatic and had a hard time breathing in transit to and from the room.. Other than that a gem for the price!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jenn W
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Jenn W, thank you for your exceptional review! We are delighted to read that you had a great experience with us. Even as a "none issue," we sincerely appreciate your candid feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We will be addressing your concerns and hope to welcome you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Korean first
Buenos Aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Our stay at this hotel was very nice. Perfect location, contemporary design, the Front Desk and the Attache (Concierge) were excellent. The rooms were a little small small, and the carpets weren't clean.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Location
1 Thank MariaElen
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
MariaElen, thank you for your excellent feedback! I sincerely appreciate your comments and will be sharing your thoughts with the team. We hope to welcome you back again upon your next visit to NYC.
Milford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Great boutique hotel. We only stayed one night so we did not have the chance to use all this place has to offer.The corner suite is worth the light & view. Bartenders were very cool. We will def. return for a longer stay!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Grayson M, thank you for your great review. We are so glad to read we made a good impression, even in just one night. We too look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay soon!
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I picked the Quin online because of the location (close to Central Park), free wi-fi and in-room coffee maker. This was our first time in NYC so I feel like we hit the jackpot! We were steps to the subway which worked wonderfully for us. From the moment we arrived we felt welcome, the staff members were friendly and so helpful with any questions we had. We were upgraded upon arrival because we were staying for 8 nights. The room was clean, with a very comfortable bed and linens. A modern tablet controlled the lighting, window coverings and the entertainment system. The bathroom was very nice ( we'd love to copy it at home) and the toiletries provided were quite nice. The bottled water provided was very much appreciated, as was the in-room coffee/espresso brewer (with to go cups provided)! Overall we had a great stay at the Quin. For us it was the perfect NYC experience. The only improvements I could hope for would be that NYC would magically become more affordable so we could return again soon. I do feel like the Quin was worth the splurge over other hotels in our budget. Oh, and perhaps that the coffee in the lobby would be available earlier in the morning.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Denise A, thank you for your excellent and detailed review! It's such a pleasure to read that we were able to make your first experience in NYC absolutely perfect. We too hope that you can return again soon!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I loved this place. We have stayed in quite a few NYC hotels and this was one of my faves. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and very tech - there was a tablet that controlled everything from the music to the blinds going up and down. The room size was really good for NYC. Comfortable bed and good sized bathroom with great shower. Very close to everything you need - food, shopping, subway and Central Park.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
fiore077, thank you for your great review! It's a delight to read that we've earned a place as one of your favorite hotels in NYC. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel twice within a one month period (both 2 night stays.) While midtown isn't my favorite location, it worked well for my business needs on the trips. My first stay was really flawless and I was very excited to stay again. The room is modern, the bed is very comfortable, and the front desk and room service were great.

My second visit was a bit of a mess. I checked into my room late in the evening and my door didn't lock and the ipads were all without power, plus the battery in the cordless phones didn't work. After the maintenance man tried to fix the lock for about 15 minutes (unsuccessfully) the maintenance person just told me to use the "do not disturb" sign instead of a lock (!). I called the front desk and asked to be moved instead, which they were able to do after about a 40 minute wait. The last morning I had an important meeting and I scheduled a wake-up call for 6:30 am as I went to bed. The call never came and I ended up waking up very late, throwing my clothes in my luggage as I had to check-out as well, and running downstairs to make my meeting (no time for shower!) When I asked the front desk why I never got the call, they told me that it had been accidentally marked for 6:30 PM instead of 6:30 AM. To me, getting a wake-up call correct is a basic of any hotel, not just a luxury hotel. In sum, I would probably stay here again as it is a nice stylish choice in midtown with very comfortable beds, but I would have more apprehension that these types of snafus could happen.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank sfbarb
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Sfbarb, thank you very much for choosing to stay with us again and for sharing your feedback. I am very sorry, however, that we were unable to deliver the flawless stay you rightfully expected from us during this past visit. Should you give us the privilege of welcoming you back upon your next trip to New York, I would be happy to personally ensure that we deliver an impeccable experience worthy of your loyalty. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at hbreuche@thequinhotel.com.
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I have one word to describe this service....wow! Each and every detail was perfect. I have travelled all around the world and can say this is by far the best service I have ever received from a hotel. I had surprised my boyfriend with a trip to New York for his birthday. Being our first time in New York we wanted to experience everything. Bryant with the Attache is top notch and made this an experience of a lifetime for us to remember. We were in touch before the trip and he really helped streamlined our intenerary. He reccomended places to eat and and personally called them to make reservations for us. He also made reservations at the show Wicked for us, which was amazing. We got into one of the most popular clubs in New York, One Oak because Bryant got us on the guest list. All the restaurants he reccomended were amazing food and great. Bryant provided me with many options for our trip, he made arrangements for a luxury car to pick us up from the airport and bring us back to the hotel. Upon check in we were greeted by Bryant (he came back to work to greet us at 11 pm). Jennie at the front desk, she was really friendly and expediated our check in, since it was so late already. I was feeling sick and minutes after entering the room, room service brought me sparkling water, it was a great surprise. Bryant has made arrangments for champagne and chocolate covered fruit in the room with a note saying Happy Birthday.

The location was amazing - close to central park, subways and 5th ave. shopping. Walk to Time Square was only 7 minutes so enjoyed being out of the noise, it was very peaceful.

The entire experience was fabulous, the hotel is immaculately clean, great amennities, beautiful room, smelled great everyday, firm bed (very comfortable), soft towels and sheets and a good size room. Shower supplies were replinshed everyday. Housekeeping provided two services a day – cleaning and turning down, the room always felt so refreshed. Housekeeping was super friendly and always would greet us in the hallway. They were very accomodating and always asked us if we needed anything.
The doormen were always there to hold the door open upon entry and exit to the hotel and helped us many times to flag down a taxi.

The porter helped us with the suitcases at the end of our trip (I think his name was Ben or Marvin). He was such a great help in weighing our suitcases. I am always over on weight so need to ensure that I plan ahead. He helped us avoid time in long lineups at the airport if we needed to re weigh switch stuff from suitcases.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who visits New York, you will not find a cleaner, more accomodating, luxiorous, perfect location hotel with this type of outstanding service ANYWHERE! I will definitely be staying at The Quin Hotel my next visit to New York.
I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. I am so grateful to have had an opportunity to have stayed at The Quin Hotel and meet their amazing staff. Thank you to everyone who made our experience one we will always remember.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
traveljunkie04056, we cannot thank you enough for your gracious, world class review and recommendation. I am extremely proud to share your thoughts with Bryant, Jennie, and the entire front office team. We are all so grateful for your support, and we very much look forward to helping you create another memorable experience in NYC during your next visit!