“Staff are exceptional”

Ranked #39 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Dundee
“Staff are exceptional”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We have just come back from our first trip to New York. From the moment we arrived at the Quin the staff were exceptional - so welcoming. The hotel was lovely and cool with a refreshing clean smell as your walk in. Reception staff we great as well. The room was spotless - yes the air con was little noisy but what system isn't. The rooms were serviced well and everything was replenished when we were out.The location was great! There is a great deli just around the corner for lovely croissants/pastries and orange/coffee for a breakfast in Central Park. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend The Quin to anyone and certainly have no hesitation in returning. Thank you to each and every staff member of The Quin.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 64shart
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
64shart, thank you for your exceptional review and recommendation. I am very proud to share your gratitude and kind words with our team. We're delighted you enjoyed your first trip to New York, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We visited the Quin in early December, just a few weeks after they opened. All told, we had three rooms, two connecting rooms (suite + king, 2.5 baths altogether) and a separate king room.

The location is exceptional, as are the very new accommodations and treats for grown-ups and children. We were met with champagne each time we passed through the lobby, and our girls were greeted with Radio Flyer wagons full of toys, "Your choice!". We also appreciated the Quin's car service.

But the deal-maker is the access provided by the Attaché. We scored impossible last-minute dinner reservations as well as "reservations," which were accommodated, at restaurants that do not accept reservations. We enjoyed a personalized backstage tour at the season's most sought after show, and Susy, the Lead Attaché, communicates very quickly by text for last-minute issues.

the Quin is truly an experience in lodging and service. If it's in your budget, it's a must do in NYC.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Leigh M
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Leigh M, thank you for your impeccable review! It was our pleasure to ensure an exceptional experience for you and your family, and I am very proud to share your kind words with Susy and the Attaché team. We look forward to welcoming you all back soon!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 10, 2014

On the small side but the room had everything you would need beyond the basics, ie coffee machine with capsules replenished daily, ironing board, complimentary bottled water and free wifi. The bed was comfortable, with sheets from Frette and being a new hotel, everything worked well.. well almost all. The air conditioner was really loud and you would have to turn the fan speed to Low And if you have a quiet room away from the street, then you would need the drapes down all the time as you would be looking into other buildings.
But the staff is friendly and helpful and the location is great, being near Columbus Circle, Central Park, 5th Avenue, and of course, Bergdorfs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank WoonLiew
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
WoonLiew, thank you for your superior review! We're so glad we were able to provide every thing you need of a hotel and more, and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.
Reviewed July 10, 2014

If there were six stars to give a hotel I would definitely give them to the Quin. The location is perfect - an easy stroll to Central Park, Times Square, Park Avenue, etc - and many fine restaurants (including their own, The Wayfarer).

Our room was beautiful and very modern with all the amenities and we always had everything we needed. The beds and pillows were so comfortable that it's made it hard to sleep in my own bed now that were home! We started our days very energized, complimentary espresso (there was also coffee served in the lobby every morning) and the hotel was decorated with very eye-catching art and furnishings; it was all clean and bright and inviting.

It is the staff that I can't say enough about. The attaches, the concierges, the doormen, the cleaning staff and managers (in other words- everyone) were all courteous and professional, friendly, engaging and helpful. This was our first trip to NYC and we were made to feel very much at home. When a minor medical emergency at a museum landed me in the ER and caused us to miss our Broadway show, the management and staff were so sympathetic; they sent beautiful orchids and a huge platter of fresh fruit to our room. It brought tears to my eyes. How often does one get that sort of kindness and attention from a hotel?

Doubtlessly we will be staying there again on our next visit to the city; it made for a wonderful trip. I highly recommend staying at the Quin!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Martha R
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Martha R, thank you so much for sharing this very special "6 star" review and recommendation with us. We are humbled and honored by your kind words, and we are so glad that we were able to ensure you had a memorable first visit to NYC despite that museum mishap. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My family (2 kids 9 and 11) stayed at The Quin for my son's birthday in July. I have very high expectations for hotels and I spent a ton of time researching where to stay. I'm very happy we chose to pay a little more and stay here.

I really loved the idea of a "personal attaché" who would help create a great experience for you while in the city. These attachés or concierge were really fabulous. They had requested information in advance for any details about our trip or any questions and they responded promptly with some incredible suggestions for restaurants, experiences, details on attractions and museums we were interested in. I was so impressed. They had great access to reservations - my husband and I had a great night at Babbo. They were very sophisticated and had much better suggestions and offerings than a typical concierge. Every restaurant recommendation was a home run. And we were really looking for unique places to try.

The location was great - just a block off Central Park and close enough to Times Square but removed a bit from the chaos. The design and feel of the hotel was wonderful. The art was great, super cool without feeling super snobby. The staff bent over backwards to help always.

The attention to detail was wonderful - water in the room included, cookies sent up to welcome us and thank us for choosing The Quin for my son's birthday, a continental breakfast on Sunday morning, yummy candies for the kids.

Fitness Center was great. Not huge but had everything I needed.

I have stayed in a lot of hotels in New York and we are very particular. While the Quin was a bit more expensive than a few others I looked at, I'm super happy we payed the premium. I thought it was totally worth it. It has the intimate feeling of a boutique hotel but with the sophistication of a Four Seasons or very established luxury brand.

The only small criticism I could offer is that the rooms are small but you are not going to find a bit room in they city. We had no noise issues whatsoever. We were on the 10th floor so perhaps that helped.

Room Tip: Our room on the 10th floor was very quiet and no noise from the A/C.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank KMurnane
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
KMurnane, thank you for your exceptional review. We are thrilled that you selected to stay at the Quin for your son's birthday celebration. It's an honor to read that you were so impressed by our services and facilities, and we thank you for your generous support. We hope to see you all again soon!
Seattle, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The staff was very friendly and helped me out with all my questions, provided me with directions, maps, and useful recommendations, and helped me make the most out of my trip. They were very helpful in getting taxis for me in a very speedy manner. My plane was scheduled for an evening departure out of JFK, they were helpful in accommodating a late checkout. I simply cannot speak enough to the quality of the staff at the Quin. I believe that’s what really sets this place apart.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Florin B
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Florin B, I am very proud to share your excellent review of our services with our staff. Thank you very much for your gracious words. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The Quin is exceptional. The staff, from the doormen to the check in to the housekeeping were fantastic. The rooms are right on trend with bedding that is so comfortable you don't want to get out.
The Quin's proximity to everything was great. ... Central Park around the corner as with subway station.
Have stayed in more expensive hotels in New York City but The Quin is by far the best!!
The staff also make a stay at The Quin one to remember.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Gary S
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Gary S, thank you for your exceptional review! We're thrilled you had a fantastic and memorable stay with us. It was a privilege to give you the best experience possible, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.