“Spring weekend in New York”
Review of the Quin

the Quin
Ranked #41 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Booked a three night stay at The Quin through Magellan.com This establishment is wonderful! The service is fantastic. The rooms are over the top. Every dinner suggestion was on the money for us using the Attache at The Quin. Location in Mid-Town is excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

Steve J, thank you for your wonderful review. We're so pleased you enjoyed a fantastic stay with us at the Quin. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to New York City.

There are newer reviews for the Quin

Reviewed May 20, 2014

The location is just perfect, one block away from Central Park and 5th avenue. Neither of the rooms however really allow a "view" of the park. The interior design is modern and high-tech: the hotel now has just been renovated (work still in progress) and the furniture is brand new.Very good king size beds. However, I asked fora quiet room and I was given a room at a lower floor which was really noisy. I heard other upper floor guests complaining the same way. The windows just are NOT sound proof! I consider this a great sin for a just renovated hotel. When I complained about the noise on checking out I was offered a complimentary breakfast. Unfortunateluìy it was 11 and I already had my breakfast nearby... I would have expected some further form of compensation, given the hotel is quite pricey. Cleanliness could be improved.

Room Tip: Ask for a upper floor room if you want to sleep. And check if they have soundproofed the windows by...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank dharmamaster61
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

dharmamaster61, thank you for your feedback. We’re delighted you were pleased by our location and design, but I am very sorry for the discomfort you experienced. Should you give us the opportunity to better demonstrate the attentive and individualized service we promise to our guests, please contact me directly so that I can personally introduce you to accommodations that might better suit you. I can be reached at hbreuche@thequinhotel.com.

Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel on reading the positive reviews. For the luxury 5 star price tag we were in for some disappointment. The front desk staff were friendly but didn't go out of their way to make their guests feel wanted. We had to ask for water on arrival. I felt like this was a holiday inn experience other than the very friendly and very helpful doorman. The rooms were clean but small and cramped-the double setup does not work well and my companion and I were constantly bumping into one another in the spaces between the beds and the closet/drawer space. The bathroom was nice but the shower placement was directly overhead which made for an odd shower experience.
The NYT paper never arrived as promised on all 3 days but a call to the front desk got us one.
The room was not overly noisy in the corner facing south. Central Park, the museums and several good restaurants are all within walking distance. Check your bill closely as we had charges on our bill that we're not ours-including mini bar charges of 25.00. Other guests had similar complaints upon checkout. Other than the location I would not stay here again but spend the extra 100.00 a night for a stay at The Four Seasons down the street.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Diane I

Diane I, thank you for your review. We appreciate that you selected us based on our positive reviews, but we are very sorry to have disappointed you. We take great pride in delivering exemplary service, and I would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to regain your confidence in the Quin. Please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience at hbreuche@thequinhotel.com.

Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

We spend four nights at this really fantastic hotell. I'm going to recommed it to al my friends. The location is perfect and The stab are very serviceminded and friendly. Our room were very nice and The bed was faboulus to sleep in.
When I come back to New York again I'm going to stay here.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katarina A

Katarina A, thank you for your fantastic review and for recommending us to all your friends. We're so pleased you had a fabulous time in New York, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Your experience at the Quin begins before you even arrive. An attache reached out in advance of our arrival and offered to assist in anything from restaurant reservations to tickets and more. I think this is what really distinguishes a great hotel from a good hotel. Susy offered suggestions for "foodie" must stops and after dinner drinks. I had already made dinner reservations but she confirmed that my pick was good! My husband and I arrived early in the day to get a head start on our tourist activities. We didn't expect to get into our room so we just checked our luggage. The woman (sorry I can't recall her name) at the front desk was welcoming and warm and pre-registered us offering to take our phone number down and let us know when the room was ready. It's a great location - walking distance to 5th Avenue and Central Park - but not in the craziness of a million tourists. We returned to the hotel around 4:30 and decided to have a drink at the restaurant. The cocktail menu had unique selections and the bartenders were friendly and chatted with us. We then went to retrieve our keys and relax for a bit. A different woman (again sorry - so bad with names!) assisted in getting us our room keys and again was very welcoming and warm and offered her assistance in any way. We headed up to our room and we were not disappointed! BEAUTIFUL! The room was very well appointed and they really did think of everything. You can control all the lighting, climate, and shades from a remote near the bed. There is also a tablet in which you can set alarms, play music and check the news/weather. Not sure if you can do more because I was too busy relaxing to really use it. There is a Nespresso machine which I loved! There are fresh brand products in the bathroom, and a walk in shower with bench and rain shower. Nothing beats a great hotel bathroom :) Shortly after our arrival we received a welcome amenity delivered by Ramon (sorry if I got the spelling wrong). He was so nice and told us about how he started with the hotel from the beginning and really enjoyed the training and experience he was getting. I think it's great when you can tell employees really love their job.Our luggage was also delivered shortly after our arrival (I was enjoying an espresso and missed the bellman's name!). We had a late dinner reservation and left the hotel around 9PM. We requested turndown and the doorman got us a taxi to our destination. We returned to the hotel shortly after 12PM and the doorman and front desk staff member greeted us warmly. (Typically at this hour at other hotels I'm accustomed to the desk person not even lifting their head and there being no doorman in sight) How great that even on this hour the staff is on point! The turndown service was really above and beyond. I was in a big rush getting ready for dinner and I left the bathroom looking like a tornado went through it. (Think make up scattered, hair products everywhere, clothes on the floor). When we returned my make up was organized neatly over fresh hand towels. My clothes were folded and picked up off the floor and a fresh bottle of water was on my night stand. Now that's luxury service! On top of all the other great service we received, this really impressed me. The next morning we brought down our luggage and another friendly and accommodating staff member checked us out at the desk and while a bellman checked our luggage. We had breakfast in the restaurant (get the challah french toast - awesome!) and then went back to retrieve our luggage and hit the road.

In summary - Wonderful customer service, beautiful rooms and lobby area, great restaurant and would highly suggest this property to friends and family. Can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kila F
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Kila F, thank you for your fantastic review and recommendation! It's a true delight to read such a detailed account of the wonderful customer service you encountered throughout your stay, and I am very proud to share your review with Susy, Ramon, and the entire team. We can't wait to welcome you back to the Quin soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Spent the last 3 nights at The Quin. The location is great - which unfortunately makes the rooms quite noisy. The style of the rooms is quite contemporary and elegant -it was nice getting an Nespresso machine in the room too. The bathrooms are tiny - and mine only had a shower and one sink. The air conditioning is very noisy, which helps blocking the noise from the street - the decision is either to have the noise from the AC or the street noise. I enjoyed having a tablet to control the lights and the curtains - although one night I didn't put it back in the cradle and the next morning I couldn't find a way to open the shades - considering the tablet was totally out of battery.
The staff is extremely nice from front desk to "attaches", housekeeper and bellman. I went for a run in the park and the bellman offered me a bracelet (with phone number of the hotel) map and upon returning handed me a towel and a bottle of water.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Amimastri, thank you for your great review and kind words regarding our Front Desk, Attachés, Housekeeping, and Bellmen. However, I sincerely apologize for any discomfort you experienced. Should you give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Quin, I would be delighted to personally introduce you to accommodations that might better suit your needs. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

My short stay at The Quin was a refreshing change from the regular disappointment of over-priced hotels with mediocre services and amenities. I have stayed at many hotels in NYC, and only The Quin excels at service, comfort, innovation, luxury, class and style! My reservation was seamless, taking advantage of a special discount through Tripadvisor, and was offered a complimentary upgrade upon checkin. The corner room was immaculate, extremely comfortable, impeccably designed and furnished, including the bathroom - a real treat. The room controls were simple to use and very useful. The only downside was that it was so comfortable, I didn't want to leave the room.

A couple of minor issues: I never got the promised New York Times; and I requested a 1pm checkout time without any problem, however they were calling my room at 12:30pm asking when I was leaving, making me feel rushed, and not leaving me with the same impression I had when I arrived.

All in all, I would definitely stay here again, and highly recommend The Quin to anyone who appreciates exceptional service and first class luxury accommodations. Thank you.

Room Tip: 10th floor Corner room was great, roomy and good light, not too noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Travel8286
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

pfgdl, thank you for your exceptional review and high recommendation. We are honored to read that the Quin was a refreshing change from other hotels in NYC. However "minor," we are very sorry for the inconveniences you encountered and will strive to absolutely perfect your experience upon your return.