“Amazing Boutique Rooms with Duxiana Beds And Rain Shower”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of the Quin

the Quin
Ranked #43 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Westport CT
“Amazing Boutique Rooms with Duxiana Beds And Rain Shower”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

The Quin is one of the best boutique style hotels in NYC for the money with a central location. When you first walk in the hotel, the staff at the Quin is amazingly cordial, always treating you with respect and mindful of your needs. The room we received was an upgraded suite with Duxiana Bed with 32" Samsung flatscreen, Living Room equipped with 50" Samsung flatscreen and powder room, en suite massive bathroom with huge soaking tub, glass enclosed marble rain show and glass enclosed Really liked the valet parking offering. Regarding those sensitive to noise, I had no problem but you may want to bring earplugs and/or ask for a higher floor. Not wild about the breakfast at the Wayfarer (in hotel) as prices were high/service low. You may want to book through a travel agent to get the best price (I booked mine through Corporate travel as I was on business).

Room Tip: Book as early as possible and ask for an upgrade and a package (parking and breakfast)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
BestOfWestportCT, thank you for your amazing review! We're delighted you enjoyed our respectful and mindful services, DUX beds, and spacious bathrooms. It was a pleasure to ensure you had an excellent experience during your business trip to New York, and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I recently completed my second stay at the Quin. My previous stay was roughly six weeks after opening, and now the hotel is closing in on 6 months in business. I had a very pleasant stay during my first visit but it was clear the hotel was still working a few small problems associated with opening a new property (minor technical malfunctions, some minor confusion and communications issues amongst the staff, etc.). While I enjoyed my first stay, I am pleased to say that the hotel is clearly getting better with age.

I stayed for one night in a Deluxe Room with a city view on the 4th floor. This room was a bit larger than my previous stay and I certainly appreciated the extra 30 or so square feet, which I found really did make a difference to my comfort and enjoyment so it might be worth splurging for the extra space. My room on both occasions was spotlessly clean, and staff members were friendly throughout including front desk staff, concierges, housekeepers, laundry attendants, etc. Many staff members remembered me by name, which I appreciate. I really like the Duxiana beds, which I find particularly comfortable.

I don’t know if any changes were made to the in-room technology but I found the bedside tablet much easier to operate during this stay and all the technological features of the hotel worked as they were supposed to and both water pressure and internet signal were uniformly strong.

Suzy and Denny (sp?) were particularly helpful at the concierge desk (I am still getting used to the term attaché), and worked through a number of small and mid-sized requests quickly and professionally. Staff members seemed to be informed about any issues or questions even across shifts so I might speak to someone about something and a colleague from another shift was well informed to help me, which I appreciate and fewer and fewer hotels do effectively these days. Bellman were helpful and even ran to a couple of the local Duane Reade’s for me after I sustained a minor injury unrelated to my stay.

The stars of the hotel really are the location and the service. That is not to say that the hotel is not luxurious but I can’t recall many properties where I have had better service and that are located five minutes from most major tourist attractions and shopping areas in the city. Service is friendly and respectful without being stiff and facilities are stylish without sacrificing practicality. This is also one of the few properties where both business and family travelers might appreciate the facilities equally.

Happy traveling.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank twainandwhitman
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
sat800v, your loyalty means so much to us, and we are very grateful to have had the opportunity to further improve upon your experience because of your detailed review. Along with Suzy, Denny, and the entire team, thank you sincerely for allowing us to be your preferred hotel in New York City. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

The Quin has very nice rooms, great bathrooms, very convenient to Central Park, restaurants ( walked to Le Bernardin, Per Se, and Jean Georges), and shopping. Concierge (Attaché) were excellent prior to arrival.
Cons: $220 one way for car service from LGA and our luggage would not all fit in the trunk, no Small Luxury Hotel membership acknowledgment ( i.e. daily paper, room upgrade,late checkout), pricey breakfast -all ala carte and eggs came out cold, slow elevators, beware of room placement--one member of our group had a premium room that faced walls and pigeons while another's premium room looked out on the street. I had reserved a premium corner room with a request for a high floor and was placed on the 5th floor--out of 15 floors--so street noise was an issue. Bring earplugs.The beds are comfortable with great sheets but not Four Seasons cushy.
So, yes, I would stay here again but would be very specific on my room, take a taxi for $30 for airport transfer, and eat breakfast around the corner.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank DCYOUNG
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
DCYOUNG, thank you for your excellent review. Constructive feedback like yours allows us to identify areas of improvement, and we are grateful for the opportunity to address these concerns. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. We look forward to welcoming you back and delivering the impeccable experience you should continue to expect from the Quin.
Madison, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

My wife and I just returned home from a weekend in New York. I rode the train down from Boston and she met me in the city. I read positive reviews about the Quin on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. This was a FIRST CLASS experience. The Quin is what a boutique hotel is supposed to be. The entire staff was fantastic; absolutely the most courteous staff I have ever encountered in NYC. Our room was spotless! The A/C, shower pressure, toilet, etc. were all in fantastic working order. The location at the corner of 57th Street and 6th Avenue makes it convenient for all the top sights and shows. I HIGHLY recommend the Quin.

• Stayed April 2014
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Bassstr, thank you for your fantastic review and for selecting the Quin for your weekend in New York. Responses like yours are a testament to the excellence we strive to uphold, and we are very grateful for your high recommendation. We all look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to the Quin soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have just spent three days at the Quin.We have been to New York many times and stayed at a lot of five star hotels.The Quin is certainly as good as if not better than all the others.The hotel is very stylish and the service is excellent.I would highly recommend it.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dow63, thank you for your excellent review! We certainly strive to be the best in class, and we are very grateful for your enthusiastic recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to the Quin during your next visit to New York.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed a night here, the hotel is a great example of a luxury boutique hotel, lovely welcoming lobby, beautifully appointed rooms and very comfy beds. Bathroom was also really nice with a large rain shower. However the greatest asset is the staff, unusually so in our experience where often the staff let a place down. Aside from the great welcome and attentiveness, ww faced a technical issue with our room, which the front of house manager tried everything to sort out for us. His name was Roger and he was incredibly patient and accommodating. I wrote to the GM Holly Breuch to praise him, and she also wrote a heartfelt apology for the issue we faced and we look forward to returning

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
HotelDoc60, on behalf of Roger and the entire team, thank you for your brilliant review and kind message. Our staff is indeed our greatest asset, and we sincerely appreciate your allowing us to attend to that technical issue during your stay. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Quin in the future.
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Situated on 57th and 6th. the Quin offers a great alternative to the swankier and more expensive Manhattan hotels. Close enough to Central Park but allowing for easy access to other areas significant Manhattan landmarks, the Quin is a very modern hotel. The rooms have the simple modern lines, great shower spaces, and remotely controlled lights and room darkening shades and curtains. The tablet used for controls is a fancy and can be practical for those who are tech savvy. I am uncertain of how it goes for those who do not like gadgets. The rooms are not that big since this is New York City,

The personnel are very friendly and exert efforts to make one feel at home. However, the lobby reception area can feel crowded because space was used for comfortable seating that is usually removed in other hotels. The Quin makes it to my New York area recommended hotels.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank LyndaSib
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
SingleWoman58, thank you for your excellent review and recommendation. It was our pleasure to make you feel at home at the Quin, and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to New York City!