“Amazing!”
Review of the Quin

the Quin
Ranked #40 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This beautiful new luxury hotel is located a block from Central Park and around the corner from Carnegie Hall. It is convenient to Times Square, amazing shopping and museums. It is absolutely beautiful, and the room was spacious and beautifully appointed. It had cutting edge technology, free Wi-fi, a loaded mini bar and snack cabinet and luxurious bedding. The best part of the hotel was the service. From the moment we walked into the lobby we were treated as though we were the most important guests in the hotel! Susy the Attache was very helpful recommending restaurants, the staff at the front desk and door were kind, and Holly, the GM, also went out of her way to welcome us to the hotel. It is a gem of a hotel! Everyone made us feel very comfortable- which is saying a lot in a city where many of the luxury hotels make you feel "unworthy" of staying in their hotel. We will stay there again, and highly recommend it to all!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Samajo1000, on behalf of Susy and the entire team, thank you for your amazing review and high recommendation! It was truly a pleasure to welcome you to the Quin, and we all look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed for a long weekend in NYC and we couldn't have found a better place to stay. The Quin is absolutely perfect! great location, walking distance to the park (we circled it every morning), Fifth Avenue and Broadway. The room was beautifully decorated, top-of-the-line technology, great mini bar, and soft white linens. I loved the bathroom, great lighting, Fresh toiletries, luxurious towels and everything perfectly clean. Every time I walked into my room I had the feeling that I was walking into a brand new place. The staff was friendly and welcoming and they seemed happy to greet us every time we walked into the hotel. Thank you for making our stay so wonderful! we are looking forward to our next visit and we already recommended the hotel to all our friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ruthy23456
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

ruthy23456, thank you for your perfect review. We're honored to receive personal recommendations like yours, and we're absolutely thrilled you and your husband had a wonderful weekend with us at the Quin. We too look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband booked a long weekend for us in NYC. We cannot fault the Quinn for service, style and for making it one of the most fantastic weekends ever. As it was my birthday weekend, our room was upgraded. I received a beautiful arrangement of tulips, champagne and a gorgeous vanilla and custard cake all organised by the staff. We cannot stop talking about our trip. If you want 5 star service and a memorable stay in NYC then please stay at the Quin. It's a gem.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yummummy
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Yummummy, thank you for your fantastic review and warm recommendation. It was our pleasure to help you and your husband celebrate your birthday, and we're delighted you had a memorable experience. We hope to welcome you back to New York again soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I spent 5 nights at the Quin and I am already looking forward to my next trip to NYC! It is absolutely amazing!

- Brand new (opened a few months ago), clean, comfortable, quiet and beautiful!

- The room wasn't too big (standard, one queen/king bed) and the view was towards the patio, but it was perfectly comfortable. The bed and the pillows were the best I've ever slept on! Shower was very good (no bathtub though) and the room was cleaned twice a day (turndown service in the evenings). There was plenty of choice in the minibar, WiFi (free!) was very fast and connection was great.

- I personally really liked the electronic tablet controlling all the appliances - it is the best! Basically, you can turn on/off the lights, open/close the blinds, turn on/off music, alarm, see the weather or news with one touch! Really thoughtful, but might be a challenge for not-so-tech-savvy visitors :)

- Location could not be better! On 57th and 6th Av., the Subway is right around the corner; Carnegie Hall and Central Park - a block away; Starbucks and Le Pain Quotidienne (definitely visit for breakfast/brunch) right around the corner, a 24 hour pharmacy/convenience store across the street and Columbus Circle - 5min walking! Also, the Apple store on 5th is 5min away as well. I won't even begin to list all the shopping opportunities on 57th!

- The staff was just amazing! After a long flight and wait at the airport I was greeted with champaign and complementary bottle of water (by the way, whenever I came back to the room, I'd always find free bottles of water!!). Everyone was extremely helpful and professional! At the same time they made me feel comfortable and not limited in my privacy in any way!

This hotel is great both for business and leisure travel. I wouldn't think twice to stay there again!

Room Tip: Choose with a view towards 57th.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

VelinaVB, thank you for your amazing review! It was truly our pleasure to provide helpful and professional service, and we sincerely appreciate your warm recommendation. We too are already looking forward to your next trip to New York!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The location is superb, the rooms are immaculate and the staff could not be more friendly and helpful. So, we are heading back for a return visit to The Quin after having just stayed there in February. We found the rooms to be large by New York standards and the beds and bedding were luxurious. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank PhiladelphiaCamelot
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

PhiladelphiaCamelot, your loyalty means so much to us. Thank you for your wonderful review and your enthusiastic recommendation. We look forward to your return visits to the Quin!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Here are the reasons I love the Quin:

1. Location, location, location. How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice...or walk a block from the Quin. Radio City Music Hall is down the block. Patsy's restaurant is a few blocks away. Central Park is a little more than a block away. Studio 54 (currently showing Cabaret) an easy walk as well. If you're up to it, you could even walk to Times Square (or take a short taxi ride).

2. Extremely comfortable bedding. I slept soundly both nights. The linen felt and looked luxurious.

3. The staff was eager to please, to say the least. They learned my name and used it.

4. The high tech gadgetry (my daughter enjoyed startling me by controlling the blinds remotely).

5. The rooms were spacious (more drawers would have been nice). I felt the need to read back at others' reviews to see why anyone would rate this hotel less than five stars. I repeatedly read that the rooms were tiny...but mine was large (huge, in fact, for New York). We were in room 1213, a double queen.

6. The attache service is an interesting concept but if you plan on using their services I suggest that you call them and not email. They set up a VIP experience for us at one of the Broadway shows -- pretty nifty.

Do know that if you plan on parking your car, it will cost $65/night.

In short, I would definitely stay at the Quin again and it would be one of my top choices upon returning to New York.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room facing 57th Street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank mallorynp
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

mallorynp, it is extremely gratifying to receive a "best of the best" review. Thank you for your excellent feedback! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and your VIP Broadway experience. I am so proud to share your thoughts with the team, and we all look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to New York City!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed there during 4 nights, and EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT! We were always received with smiles and happiness! The bedroom is very modern, recently remodeled, and quite big. Everything (lights, temperature and courtains were controlled by a tablet). The bathroom is super modern, confortable and fashion. The room service was very very efficient so the room was always with the beds made and we never were bothered. But the best is the staff: everybody was extremely nice and friendly! Specially TANZIN, who always helped us with lots of our amazon packages with a huge smile in the face. They also allowed us an early check-in and a late check out. That's why we say everything was PERFECT!! We left the hotel 3 days ago and already miss them.

Room Tip: Considering all the bedrooms are recently remodelled, I think all of them are great. Even though we...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Octavio Caio M

Octavio Caio C, thank you for your perfect review! We are so delighted you had such an impeccable experience, and I am very proud to share your kind comments with Tenzin and the whole team. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to New York!