“A+”

Ranked #38 of 466 Hotels in New York City
New Orleans, Louisiana
“A+”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I have stayed in over 15 hotels in NYC over the past 30+ years all but one of which were in Midtown and upscale. The Quin is the best hotel experience I have had in NYC. From the doorman to housekeeping, every aspect of this hotel exceeded my expectations. I did not eat in the hotel so I can not comment on dining. I imagine the rates at The Quin will rise materially as word gets out about this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
fatdrunkandstupid, thank you for you A+ review! We are so very honored to have exceeded your expectations and to have given you the best hotel experience you've had in NYC. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Quin soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Quin and I felt compelled to write a review. The hotel and staff were very accommodating and friendly. The rooms are very nice with lots of technology and amenities. They are also quite large for New York City standards! The hotel is in the heart of the plaza district close to Carnegie Hall (the reason for our visit) and great shopping and restaurants (including Nobu where we had a wonderful dinner).

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was on the north side with street-scape views of 57th street which was nice. T...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
ethomas046, thank you for your great review. We are honored to have given you an experience that inspired you to take the time to share your thoughts with us, and we very much appreciate your gracious feedback. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back upon your next trip to Midtown!
New Orleans
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Elegant new, boutique hotel, well situated in Mid-town near Central Park. Lobby has quiet calming feel to it, never crowded, a welcome relief to some other NYC 4 & 5 Star properties in which I have previously stayed where the lobby is like a train station with large noisy groups and conventioneers in line for check-in or check-out. Rooms are large, quiet and completely state-of-the art. (A favorite feature: the Shades and Sheers retract automatically when you enter the room. Once inside all functions are adjustable at the bedside remote.) The bathrooms had large Rain head showers with separate wall mounted wands. Beds are extremely comfortable and I never heard any noise from the street nor the hallway. Free Wi-Fi and Bottled Water a Plus. In the evening there was a violinist performing in the lobby and they served complementary wine. By far the best feature of this hotel was the service. Absolutely sublime. Beginning with the Doormen, to the Front Desk, the Attaché and the Room Attendants,... they were all extremely polite, professional and discreet. An experience far above any I've had elsewhere in NY.
I highly recommend the hotel, and I definitely plan to be at the same address the next time I'm back in NYC.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
JimmyMSY, thank you for your perfect review! It's an honor to be so highly recommended, and we are thrilled to have given you an experience far above any other you've had in New York City. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the quin with my girlfriend. The stay was fantastic and couldn't have asked for better service. The reception worked hard to allow us to check in 3 hours before and also let us stay an extra few hours after check out as we had a late flight home. The door man was always there to open the door for us and help us in anyway to get a taxi and when we couldn't get a taxi to the airport due to peak hour they organized a private driver within 15 min and negotiated the price for us. Room service was great and they always had the room perfectly clean when we got back from they day. Even folding all our clothes we had left lying around.
The hotel isn't grand like the other 5 star hotels in the area but they make up for it in other areas. Plus it was around half the cost.
I would recommend to anyone to stay. We had a great time there and I'm very picky.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
boof123, thank you for your great review and recommendation! We're delighted you and your girlfriend enjoyed our services, and we hope to welcome you back to the Quin upon your next visit to New York City.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I recently took my 9 year old daughter for her birthday - and although very well travelled - her first trip to NYC. We were absolutely treated like royalty! They doted on my daughter and made her feel like a true princess. They presented her with flowers, treats and even a birthday cake. Everyone remembered our names and were genuinely concerned that we had an amazing stay - needless to say - we did! Perfect location near Central Park and all of our favorite boutiques. The rooms were gorgeous and large and sumptuous beds! Tons of technology, touch buttons, etc. - but the service is so impeccable that it was the perfect mix of modern hipness but gracious and grande service. The room service was delicious and even the wait staff and housekeeping took genuine pride in their work. Just absolute perfection across the board - I will always have the fondest of memories of my precious daughter's face - every second we were there! I will ALWAYS stay at the Quin every time we visit NYC. It will definitely be sooner than later - thanks to the incredible staff and beauty of the Quin!

• Stayed February 2014
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Gigglyr, thank you for your impeccable review! It was such a pleasure to ensure that you and your daughter enjoyed a memorable trip to New York City, particularly on the occasion of her 9th birthday! Your loyalty is very important to us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Quin soon.
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel is absolutely beautiful and very classy. Staff were all very friendly. Upgraded to premier room on arrival. Helpful with taxi hailing which saved us braving the cold! Great email with Christina before our arrival.
One female staff member was a little rude when interrupting a conversation we were having with the attaché and didn't seem to realise at all nor did the attaché clerk; this was a minor annoyance and just an apology would have sufficed, but neither batted an eyelid.
Rooms were truly amazing with lots of mod cons and beautiful decor and luxurious bed! Loved the fact you could close/open windows blinds by press of button and the same with lights, music etc. bathroom beautiful and well laid out. Staff could not do enough for you. Breakfast in wayfarer was yummy and the decor was nice. French saloon style. Very arty reception area with great use of TV screen wall showing iconic figures. Fresh flowers arranged beautifully. A gorgeous scent as well in the reception area which was so lovely to come back to.
Great location on central parks doorstep and Times Square a few blocks away!
Would love to come back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Kelly S, thank you for your amazing review! I am so pleased to read that you had such wonderful experience with our service, rooms, location, and restaurant, but please allow me to apologize for the interrupted conversation. We appreciate your candid feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I was in New York last weekend with my daughter and stayed at this beautiful new hotel. The staff is wonderful and so accommodating. The rooms are beautiful, big and spotlessly clean. It is so high tech with touch buttons for everything, as well as a Nespresso machine. The room is sleek, modern and comfortable. Bathroom is also beautiful. The hotel is so new that we were the first people in our room. We did experience some minor glitches of a new hotel, shall I call it growing pains. They were rectified immediately and acknowledged by the manager Amanda on check out. She forwarded my concerns to Holly Breuche, the General Manager, who immediately contacted me. I would absolutely return to this hotel again. It is in a great location and the staff couldn't be nicer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Agottlieb
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Agottlieb, on behalf of Amanda and the entire team, thank you for your kind and beautiful words regarding your stay with us. Thank you also for allowing us to perfect your experience during your visit. It was a pleasure to personally assist you, and we all look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back soon.