“Beautiful New Hotel”
Review of the Quin

the Quin
Ranked #39 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I was in New York last weekend with my daughter and stayed at this beautiful new hotel. The staff is wonderful and so accommodating. The rooms are beautiful, big and spotlessly clean. It is so high tech with touch buttons for everything, as well as a Nespresso machine. The room is sleek, modern and comfortable. Bathroom is also beautiful. The hotel is so new that we were the first people in our room. We did experience some minor glitches of a new hotel, shall I call it growing pains. They were rectified immediately and acknowledged by the manager Amanda on check out. She forwarded my concerns to Holly Breuche, the General Manager, who immediately contacted me. I would absolutely return to this hotel again. It is in a great location and the staff couldn't be nicer.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Agottlieb
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Agottlieb, on behalf of Amanda and the entire team, thank you for your kind and beautiful words regarding your stay with us. Thank you also for allowing us to perfect your experience during your visit. It was a pleasure to personally assist you, and we all look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,053)

Reviewed March 5, 2014

If you like modern sophisticated hotels in the middle of everything in New York City you will love this hotel. Everything about it was fantastic. The location, staff, room...it was all great!

I was in for business and brought my wife in for an extended weekend to celebrate our anniversary. Contacted Holly the GM before we arrived and she did an excellent job ensuring we had a special time. The hotel was new and the room was fantastic. Stay at this hotel, you won't regret it.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Doug W, it was a privilege to personally ensure that you and your wife enjoyed your stay, particularly on the occasion of your anniversary. Thank you for your fantastic review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Quin soon and wish you both much joy in the years ahead!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We have just returned from a fantastic trip to New York were we stayed in this wonderfull hotel. From the first moment we arrived until the very last moment it was a complete experience of customer service as it is ment to be. Nothing was a problem and everything perfectly arranged: from both an early check-inn as well as a late check out, an up-grade to a better room and much more. Special thanks go to the concierge James, who arranged us some late moment front row tickets to Jersey Boys, the Broadway musical and more. The hotel is perfectly located just one street from Central Parc and 5th Ave and you will find many hotspots closeby.The rooms are just perfect and the beds sleep extremely well. The hotel and especially the hotel personell really completed this mini break! Will definitely go there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Henri K
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Henri K, thank you very much for your excellent review. It's our pleasure to always provide exemplary service to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Quin soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

This property is well situated and has great potential. I stayed here 5 years when it was the Buckingham, which was shabby but well located and a little funky.

Well, what a turn-around. The hotel is gorgeous - fab, fab, fab. I stayed in a lovely, high-tech suite (a little too high-tech, told them to tone it done as the robotics went a bit whacko on me - growing pains), with sleek/modern furnishings, amenities, super comfy bed and a great bathroom with a full bathtub and walk-in shower. All über up-to-date. Nice corner views.

The restaurant - just opened - is also fab. Wines a little too expensive, but food is decently priced and great. We tested the flounder, salmon, st jacques...

Overall, a very nice experience and refreshing alternative for midtown...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Hegira
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Hegira, thank you for sharing your kind thoughts with us and expressing your feedback regarding the in-room technology during your stay. We're delighted you had such a "fab" experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I travel to NYC for business and have stayed at a variety of hotels, all very nice but nothing like The Quin. From the minute I arrived I was treated like a VIP. The room was perfect, the bed heavenly and the Nespresso machine was a wonderful treat! I recommended the hotel to one of my clients who was also in town for the same business meeting and he said he had never experienced the incredible level of service from the entire staff, anywhere else. He was impressed, as was I. One person in particular, Xavidt, took such exceptional care of us the entire stay, including slipping a packet of tissues in my coat pocket as I was on my way out to brave the blustery winter walk to my corporate office. I was so impressed and touched that I took a photo and posted it on Facebook accompanied by a glowing review of the service at The Quin. I recommend this hotel wholeheartedly for their location, amenities, decor, etc. but mainly for their service!

Room Tip: I would stay in any room, the beds are so comfortable! And the Nespresso machine, loved it!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sherilyn M

Sherilyn M, thank you for your glowing review! I am very pleased to share your thoughts with Xavidt and the entire team. It means a lot to us to read that you were so touched by your experience with us, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Quin soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I travel extensively. He works in the hospitality industry, and though he now works for a company that owns hotels, he worked for many years in operations in luxury properties throughout the world. Hospitality is a passion for both of us and we have, admittedly, high standards.

We spent a weekend in February at the hotel in a premier corner room.

We really loved our stay at the Quin. The rooms are lovely and well appointed with great amenities and attention to detail. We loved the Duxiana beds and the Fresh shower amenities! I forgot to bring my hairdryer but was delighted to discover a proper quality ionic hairdryer that may even be better than the one I was glad I did not lug with me in the end. What's most impressive, though, is the level of service. Not only were the staff constantly going out of their way to make us feel welcome and at home, but they anticipated our needs with every step. For example, I went out to go for a run (the hotel is uber conveniently located next to Central park), and because I had no pockets, I asked the front desk to hold onto my room key for me. When I returned from my run, the front desk agent was waiting for me at the entrance holding my key out for me and asked how my run was. There are a number of additional examples of the staff being wonderful - even the housekeeping staff noticed that I had used a few tissues and left two little packs of kleenex for me on the bedside table and overstocked the little bathroom tissue holder for me.

It's the little things that make a hotel really special and we felt that the Quin really gets that.

We will return for sure!

Room Tip: love the corner room - having windows on both sides and in the bathroom makes a big difference.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nicole p
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Nicole p, thank you so much for your lovely review. It is wonderful to read such kind comments, particularly from our colleagues in hospitality, and we are so grateful to you for sharing your thoughts about the "little things" that made your stay so special. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to the Quin in the near future.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was my first trip to New York and the Quin couldn't have made it more enjoyable! From the moment we arrived they made us feel special. We were celebrating a double birthday and waiting for us in our room was the most beautiful birthday cake with a bottle of Prosecco and 4 glasses. We had the cake for breakfast!!!!
The room was lovely and the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in! From the fluffy feather pillows to the feather mattress topper that you just sink into.
The staff couldn't do enough to help and the attache service is excellent if you are staying to see New York. They will arrange show bookings, restaurant reservations and sightseeing as well. They booked us into a restaurant near Broadway and ensured that we were treated well whilst we were there as well.
The location is perfect - only a few minutes walk from 5th Avenue and Central Park and when you've finished shopping you will be welcomed back by the staff.
The Quin has those lovely little touches that make it special - from the art inspired deco and signs to the takeaway tea and coffee that you can grab from the lobby on your way out on a cold day.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it and will definitely stay there next time we're in New York.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nextgirl
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Nextgirl, thank you for your wonderful review and enthusiastic recommendation! Your definitive decision to stay at the Quin again means so much to us, and we can't wait to welcome you back during your next visit to New York.