“My new favorite hotel! Great, great staff!”
Review of the Quin

the Quin
Ranked #40 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I just returned from a wonderful weekend at the Quin, and it has become my new favorite.From the first doorman to final checkout, each staff member could not have been more courteous and helpful. The room and rest of the hotel was perfectly clean, despite the winter weather. Each need and desire were met without hesitation. The heating units are not silent, but some growing pains are to be expected in a new establishment. I will be returning very shortly!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

We are so honored to be your new favorite hotel! Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments with us. As it’s been brought to our attention during our first winter season, please be advised that we are indeed presently addressing your concern about the heating units and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We chose to stay at the Quin for several reasons: they had a promotional rate of $399 per night, we love staying near Columbus Circle, and we wanted two queen beds in the room since we were traveling with our two daughters, ages 8 and 11. The hotel is pretty basic, without an executive lounge, spa, or restaurant, but for the price, it's an unbeatable deal for the quality. The staff is friendly and helpful. Unlike one of the reviewers here, I was not greeted with champagne, but I was offered a bottle of water during check-in while the girls were offered a plush toy and activity books (the offering was too young for them but it was a nice gesture). The beds are terrific: firm, but plush. We enjoyed fresh coffee in the morning and a nice hot shower with large bath towels.

The room service menu is limited but everything we ate was delicious. My 8 year old was so grateful she even wrote a thank you note to the kitchen staff!

My only complaint is that the room temperature was a bit hard to control; it was too warm for us and even though I kept turning off the heat somehow it would come back on (maybe the housekeeper)? The heater was also really loud.

The location is terrific: a short walk to Columbus Circle, the Museum of Art and Design, and MOMA. Enjoy a nice breakfast at Petrossian around the corner or Norma's at Le Parker Meridien across the street.

Would definitely consider staying here again, especially with this room rate. If it were any more expensive, I'd consider staying at the Mandarin Oriental or Langham Place, which offer bigger rooms and more amenities.

1  Thank Irene A

Our kitchen team was very happy to receive your daughter’s note, and we are all so grateful for your thoughtful review! We’re delighted you and your family enjoyed your experience, as providing value and quality to our guests is extremely important to us. We would be pleased to welcome you all back to the Quin upon your return to New York!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My family and I just returned from a lovely trip to NYC celebrating our daughter and son in law's engagement. We stayed at the Quin for the first time and it was exceptional. We were greeted with a champagne reception and from the walk thru the front door, to the efficient check in, to the fabulous concierge desk, every detail was appreciated. The staff was amazing. The rooms were large and beautifully appointed….loved the finishes, and amenities in the lobby, lounge and the rooms. The location is GREAT. We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Congratulations on your daughter's recent engagement! We're thrilled you had a fabulous experience, as it was an honor to help you and your family celebrate this exciting occasion. We can't wait to have you back at the Quin!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This place is an indulgence. Everything from the staff, to the appointments in the room, the large bath towels, the fresh flowers in the bedroom, the succulent in the shower (which thrives on steam), the wonderful, rich coffee, the excellent room service food, the helpful and authentically nice staff, the accommodating housekeeping, the comfortable bedding, I found this hotel to be one of the best 5 star properties I have stayed. My wife, kids, and I absolutely loved it. If I had to find an imperfection, and there are few...the a/c and heating units were a little noisy. They did a good job of maintaining a comfortable room temp however. Thank you Quin...we'll be back. what a treat

Matthew,
Thank you very much for your exceptional review! It's so gratifying to read such wonderful words regarding our team, appointments, and amenities. Thank you also for your note regarding our heating units. While we're glad to have kept you comfortable, please be assured that we are indeed working on better silencing these units. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Quin soon!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The Quin Hotel was absolutely amazing!!!!! We enjoyed every minute of it! The staff were the friendliest I have ever been with! From the moment we got up in the morning to the end of the night the staff were so friendly and helpful in every way possible. The hotel was so central and only a couple of minutes away from lovely restaurants and shops. All the staff, Reception, Guest Relation, All The Doormen specially Parker and Tony were brilliant and so helpful. I can't describe how good it was and I would highly recommend it! It is great for every age group, I will definitely be recommending it to anyone who asks!

1  Thank planetyucca k

We are so grateful for your amazing review and enthusiastic recommendation! I am very proud to read that you had such an exceptional and memorable experience at the Quin, and on behalf of Parker, Tony, and the entire team, thank you for your tremendous support and patronage.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Quin is a great Hotel, it's just the right size, not too big that they forget you and small enough that you get personalized service. We had a great time in New York and the staff were excellent at advising us on the local attractions. The one big issue we had at the Hotel is the smell, both my husband and I had frequent headaches throughout our stay, the Lobby has a overwhelming smell of chemicals, almost gasoline like, this trumped our overall experience and I would suggest for the price there are better quality Hotels without horrible smell.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mary W

Mary,
We are delighted you enjoyed your time in New York and found our team to be excellent, but we very much regret that your overall experience was so greatly impacted by the air quality in the lobby. Your well being is our greatest priority, and I assure you that this was an isolated occurrence. We researched the dates of your stay and discovered that steel was being soldered in the restaurant at this time. This phase of construction is now complete, but I would sincerely appreciate the chance to discuss this with you in detail. Please contact me at your convenience at hbreuche@thequinhotel.com.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed at The Quin for 3 nights over New Years. It is a great hotel. The staff are super friendly especially Xhauit. He was fantastic to my family and my daughters (3&6) loved seeing Xhauit everyday. It is in a great location. The rooms are very nice. I highly recommend staying at The Quin, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Donna, thank you for your fabulous recommendation! Xhavit is a true testament to our fantastic staff, and we are so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you all again soon!