“Food and Service was unbeatable”
Review of Jungsik

Jungsik
Reserve with OpenTable
Jungsik is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #633 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Hudson
Transit: Subway JUNGSIK is located on the corner of Hudson and Harrison From the local 1 train it is the Franklin Street Station. Walk one block west on Franklin street to Hudson street, and head south till you see Harrison st. The Chambers Street Station (1,2,3 or A, C trains) is a short four block walk away. (just head north on Hudson)
Description: JUNGSIK offers a modern and unique Korean cuisine by innovative Chef Yim whom the New York Times has christened "The Pioneer of Modern Korean." This landmark Seoul experience is now offered at his TriBeCa flagship (former Chanterelle space), where bold flavors and playful culinary offerings abound. Jungsik brings the innovations of French cuisine and new Spanish movements into the Korean realm while staying true to big and bold familiar flavors of Korea.
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I went to Jungsik tonight with two of my business partners in NYC. I don't live here so every time I come they try to take me to a unique restaurant. This one was awesome! I got to the restaurant early and sat at the bar where they had iPads with pics of their food. I can eat almost anything (except vegetables) but some of the stuff looked gross, which made me want to try it. We made a 5 course meal. I had the octopus appetizer followed by the sea urchin (loooked nasty) then the Sea Bass, then the Duck, then a Mousse for desert.
I can tell you the Duck was VERY good but my least favorite. I would order it anywhere and enjoy it every time but it was the least unique of everything I had. Everything else was out of this world good! I think they set the standard so high that when I had the duck I thought this is really good but the weakest part of what may have been the best meal I have ever had.
It is expensive and the beer is outrageously priced! The food was worth the price.
The service was perfect, we joked that their must be a microphone on the table because they answered every question before we asked.
We were also surprised several times with little extras that the chef sent out to us.
The plates were small but they just seemed to keep coming! We had a 5 course meal but they also have a 10 course tasting meal for $155, I think.
I wish I remembered the waitresses name because she was probably the best waitress I have ever had. Not over the top in our business but very knowledgeable.
My partners have been to the original one in South Korea and say the food is similar but it is more formal there but probably better service here.
This restaurant also had a great atmosphere and didn't just pack tables to have more people. They are really a first rate restaurant from service to quality!

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

The food at Jungsik truly is art. Every plate is both visually beautiful and stunningly good to eat. Coming here is an experience not to be missed. Most highly recommended.

1  Thank Tnyca
Reviewed December 31, 2013

New Years Eve, 4 course menu. Octopus, good - could've used more spice. Korean rice wine - ok, bit too sweet and light. Crispy pork belly in spicy broth ("hangover soup") - delicious! Paired with the tempranillo, it was the best of the night. Wagyu short rib - really? Swansons TV dinner meatloaf, sliced thin, with honey? Sorry, but that's what it tasted like. The Pegau Chateauneuf du Pape was delicious however. Desert, "Mont Blanc" was good. Again, the paired wine (Royal Takji) outshone the desert. Would I recommend to friends? Probably not. Two Michelin stars? Hmm. Compared to another 1 Michelin starred place in NYC that I had lunch at the day before, it's hard to believe.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I booked the restaurant just based one what I read on the web. What a surprise it was. Many people I mentioned the restaurant to are skeptical about it since I said it is a 2-starred Korean restaurant. Well, I have no doubt after my visit that the 2-star is well deserved. Every course in the chef's menu was excellent and I cannot find anything to criticize on. I have been to quite a few Michelin 3-starred restaurants and Jungsik is way up there with the best of them. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

The food is amazing, all the flavors are so great. You must try the fried oysters. We really had a great experience in a very nice place with very good service. Different food that you must try!