“Amazing food!”
Review of Jungsik

Jungsik
Reserve with OpenTable
Jungsik is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #576 of 14,015 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Hudson
Transit: Subway JUNGSIK is located on the corner of Hudson and Harrison From the local 1 train it is the Franklin Street Station. Walk one block west on Franklin street to Hudson street, and head south till you see Harrison st. The Chambers Street Station (1,2,3 or A, C trains) is a short four block walk away. (just head north on Hudson)
Description: JUNGSIK offers a modern and unique Korean cuisine by innovative Chef Yim whom the New York Times has christened "The Pioneer of Modern Korean." This landmark Seoul experience is now offered at his TriBeCa flagship (former Chanterelle space), where bold flavors and playful culinary offerings abound. Jungsik brings the innovations of French cuisine and new Spanish movements into the Korean realm while staying true to big and bold familiar flavors of Korea.
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

The food is amazing, all the flavors are so great. You must try the fried oysters. We really had a great experience in a very nice place with very good service. Different food that you must try!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

what to say more than this is by far the best restaurant i've been in new york and that mean better than Jean-George and Daniel. The food is out of this world and the staff is completely attentive to any need. We ask for no additional salt and to be seated next to each other and they were no hesitation. We took the 10 services and it worth any penny i can't wait to go back and try other things, all the plates they were carrying look soooo good.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I arrived for a last night in New York before returning to Europe. Sadly, we were met by a waiter who seemed somewhat indifferent and not interested in helping us. I had to ask for the wine list myself after ordering food, and after a few recommendations he left the table without helping us in finding out which wines to drink.

I usually hate to complain, but we felt so surprised and angry, so I confronted the waiter and said that being left to ourselves and being patronised as we felt, was not my expectations for a 2 star Michelin restaurant.
The head waiter stepped in and fought the rest of the night to make it all good again, including extra amuse bouches, soup, granité, coffee and sweets from the tasting menu, despite us ordering a la carte. This was much appreciated.

We had the fried oyster, which was niche, the sea urchin, which was interesting and subtle in its taste, the crispy red snapper with delicious crisp scales and perfect tenderness. The Jungsik steak and ginseng duck were both slightly disappointing - not so full of flavour, less varied in textures and a bit below par compared to what I have had in similar places. Finally, the green tee cremeux was wonderful.

So we end up with 3/5 - due to a catastrophic start service-wise, and due to the fact that the perfection that I would expect at Michelin-level lacked somewhat that night - like the steak and duck.

2  Thank FrederikBundgaard
Reviewed December 9, 2013

First time in a Korean restaurant. We took the tasting menu with wine pairing (Which I never do but what the heck). It was absolutely wonderful. The food, the service, the setting, were near perfect. Jackie, our hostess, though young, is knowledgeable, confident and very pleasant. I love the fact that we got a sake-like Korean rice wine with one dish, a glass of beer with another. The only part that was not at par with the rest was the beef, very fatty and, pickled like sauce. The beef was luke warm, I believe fatty beef like kobe wagyu, etc are best served sizzling, flambee, etc Most expensive meal ever at over $650 but worth every penny. It was an experience that we are most likely to repeat when in NYC.

1  Thank Gaston P
Reviewed December 3, 2013

For some fusion Korean food with white glove service, Jungsik is the place to go! Lovely albeit more stuffy surroundings. Great bread, amuse bouches and petit fours. The sea urchin quinoa was delicious too! Def recommend if you don't mind shelling out some $$.

1  Thank Mirageywu