“Surpassed Expectations”
Review of Jungsik

Jungsik
Reserve with OpenTable
Jungsik is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #615 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Hudson
Transit: Subway JUNGSIK is located on the corner of Hudson and Harrison From the local 1 train it is the Franklin Street Station. Walk one block west on Franklin street to Hudson street, and head south till you see Harrison st. The Chambers Street Station (1,2,3 or A, C trains) is a short four block walk away. (just head north on Hudson)
Description: JUNGSIK offers a modern and unique Korean cuisine by innovative Chef Yim whom the New York Times has christened "The Pioneer of Modern Korean." This landmark Seoul experience is now offered at his TriBeCa flagship (former Chanterelle space), where bold flavors and playful culinary offerings abound. Jungsik brings the innovations of French cuisine and new Spanish movements into the Korean realm while staying true to big and bold familiar flavors of Korea.
London
“Surpassed Expectations”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Went with some out of town friends to Jungsik. Very sophisticated and well-travelled visitors from Europe. Not easily impressed. They and we were bowled over by the dinner at Jungsik. At first, we were somewhat intimidated by the pricing--it is not cheap. But once we got over that with the help of our waiter (who suggested appropriate combinations and portion sizes), we were on our way. Not a single selection disappointed. The crispy pork belly was otherworldly. We'll certainly be back when our pocketbooks have recovered.

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
“It really IS Korean!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Having started our trip with dinner at the Jungsik in Seoul, we were excited to try the New York restaurant on the last night. I'm so glad I suggested it- because it was superb from start to end.

Their customizable menu is great- because it meant we could choose what we preferred. The only problem is everything was so good the first time, it was difficult to choose. We braved on and had the degustation!

Every dish was immaculately prepared and nothing short of beautiful. If I really had to choose, my favourites will be the bibimbap and the duck breast.

Although the restaurant was full that night, we never had a problem with service. Someone always anticipated our needs and the wine glasses were always refilled promptly. The wine list kept my husband busy and happy, and the sommelier was helpful and right on target.

Looking forward to coming back for another meal!!

• Visited December 2012
New York, New York, United States
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Took friends who were visiting town there skeptically not knowing what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised. A fantastic meal, fantastic service and fantastic space. We didn't go for the tasting menu but all of the appetizers and entrees we ordered were excellent. If favorites had to be chosen they would be the oysters, urchin and steak. For desert, because there were four of us, we ordered each. The jury was split as to what was best with each entry garnering an enthusiastic vote. This is a place to which I will definitely return and I highly recommend it to anyone, whether visiting or living in NYC, who is looking for an interesting and enjoyable culinary experience.

• Visited August 2013
Warwick, New York
“Words cannot do this resturant justice!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went here to celebrate my cousins anniversary and my birthday. I have no idea what I expected but this went so far beyong my expectations.

The resturant is small but beautiful. I don't think there is a bad location to be seated. Our water was awesome. He helped us navigate the wine list which was really a book the size of a novel. He narrowed it down to three for us and then we picked. It was great and went well with our menu.

Also, the menu came out personalized wishing us a happy anniversary and birthday! A small touch that goes a long way. At the end they gave them to us in a folder to take home.

We did the tasting menu. Which is quite deceptive. Each course is not only beautiful but sooooo good. The only course that I didn't absoultey love was the one with the poached egg, kim chee and pork belly. Each course was better than the next. What is deceptive is although the portions seem small you will be incredibly full long before you are done. Make sure to pace yourself. Because the steak course is so good that I was actually sad when I couldn't finish it! It was so tender you could cut it with a plastic fork!

The dessert course is actually three. All three were wonderful and nothing alike so worth having at least some of each.

One tip: We normally eat late. This was a long meal (over three hours). I would reccomend coming a little on the earlier side (5:30/6) since you will still be there quite a while for the tasting menu.

Bottom line: All four of us LOVED it.

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“First Class!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This restaurant was fantastic. As you would expect the food here was sensational. In addition the staff went above and beyond to make our dinner to celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary even more special. The restaurant gave us personalised menus, complimentary champagne to start and 'happy anniversary' was written on our dessert. A great night all round!

• Visited June 2013