“Great”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 27th St & 28th St
Transit: Subway: -Take the 6 local train to 28th street and Park Ave and walk one block to Madison Ave. -Take the N local or R part time train to Broadway and 28th street and walk 2 blocks to Madison Ave.
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This place is just what the neighborhood needed! Since duo opened I have visited about once a month.. atmosphere is cool and trendy - looks like the inside of a jewlery box, if that makes any sense.. I Love the truffle pizz app and the great bread that comes to the table when you fist sit down! The sea bass is very good. they have a nice variety in the menu, most dishes I have tried have been very good so far. Def give this one a shot!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Tori C

“Poor Service and Poor attitude”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Went here on a Living Social coupon. Split an appetizer (pizza) with my g/f. We both had the same entree: veal osso bucco tortellini. Entree was very small...smaller than the appetizer. When we complained to the manager his response was "this is not a diner". His attitude was very poor. I would not recommend Duo to anyone. It's a very pretentious place...stylish certainly....but with a poor attitude. There are thousands of restaurants in NYC. I've been to many good and even great restaurants. This is one of the worst dining experiences I've ever had. My feeling is that manager needs a MAJOR attitude adjustment!

• Visited September 2013
Huntington, New York
“Gorgeous decor, excellent short ribs!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We went here with a Groupon....which did NOT say we would only have the choice of 4 Entrees--I would never have purchased the Groupon if it did. However, the braised short ribs we did have was outstanding.....appetizers (Burrata) I make better at home-this was so bland, with rock hard colorless tomatoes- a huge disappointment for $14.00. Service was not good, especially since there was only one other couple there. It was not worth going back without a Groupon.

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Is DUO closed ?”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was there today and found DUO place closed.
What's going on ?
I have found any info regarding DUO closing anywhere.
Maybe it is still open.
Pl let me what's going on with Hollywood movies.I have a Brunh voucher from
Living Social. What I can do with this ?

• Visited July 2013
asbury park, new jersey
“Delicious, Elegant & Comfy!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I went to DUO last evening with a friend I hadn't seen in awhile. DUO was a convenient place to meet. It is located on Madison Avenue right between 28th and 29th. The space feels like a little bit of old Hollywood meeting butterflies. The banquettes are gorgeous and so comfortable. The centerpiece crystal chandelier is really elegant. The menus LIGHT UP when you open them making it very easy to read! Other restaurants should take note that you don't need a flashlight or candle here! The food is wonderful! My friend and I enjoyed the Burrata with yellow tomato (although the tomato needed to be sliced further and it needed more balsamic)....the cheese was gloriously FRESH, we had the vegetable tart which didn't look like much when it arrived, but it was FANTASTIC.....full of fresh, perfectly cooked and seasoned veggies in a light crust, we had the golden beet terrine which was yummy but REALLY, REALLY tiny. We also enjoyed the shrimp with the goat cheese brulee and pear.....again, terrific. For sides, we ordered the grilled asparagus and the vidalia onion rings. The sides were good, but EXTREMELY average. For $9 a side, I would expect at least an interesting sauce or a unique preparation......they were very boring and VERY small portions. We found the dessert menu to lack inspiration....there wasn't anything very interesting to find tempting. So, we skipped dessert. The service seemed very "green" for the space. Both the hostess and the waitress were kind and helpful which is more important, but they did need service polish. The space was also WARM-I'm not sure what is up with the air conditioning, but I had to ask for ICE for my water to cool down. Other than that constructive feedback, we really enjoyed the evening and the food. The restaurant feels sexy and beautiful. I recommend it......

• Visited July 2013