“Love this place!”

Neighborhood: West Village
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Love this place!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Joy is a really cute burger bar. The food was good and reasonably priced (must give a special mention to the homemade fries!) and the staff were really friendly. Definitely check it out if you're around Greenwich or 6th avenue

Visited September 2012

Stockholm, Sweden
“Great burgers - can compete for one of the best in town”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Joy Burger Bar is not really mentioned when people talk about the best burgers in town (it is often Shake Shack, Minetta Tavern, the Burger Joint etc that are mentioned) but it should be a contender at least. The burgers come in three sized munch, midi and maxi and you can pretty much make your own choice as to what you want on it.

They claim that it is the sauces that make the difference and may be true. My favorite is to go for the maxi burger (skip the fries) on a whole wheat bun with cheddar and swiss, tomato, lettuce,sauteed onions, Tabasco, garlic mayo,chimichurri, mustard and avocado. It makes for a great burger that will fill you up for at least half a day. Great place that can be highly recommended.

• Visited March 2012
Roma
“Nice Tip”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We've been suggested about this place by our house owner. We thought it would have been a simple fast food, but it wasn't!
It's got a great atmosphere, nice and tipycal.
What about the burgers?? Simply too good!
We were told they were the best around the city...and maybe they really are!! We hope to get back there again as soon as possible.

• Visited April 2011
Long Beach, CA
“Hamburger Heaven”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I was walking down the street in NYC, minding my own business, when I came upon this tiny burger joint on a busy street...so glad the smell wafting out of the establishment pulled me in. I'm not a big fan of burgers, get one twice a year, but this stop was worth it. I got a double patty burger with some special spicy sauce they used, which was chutney like, and it was very very delicious. So juicy, and so tasty, that it made me want to eat more burgers, and I guess I will next time I'm in NY. The sweet potato fries were absolutely perfect, tender and flavorful. Judging by the crowd there, it is a popular place, and will only get more notoriety with time. If you like a variety of burgers, cooked your way, this is the place for you!

• Visited September 2011