“Creative but still authentic.”
Review of Ngam

Ngam
Reserve with OpenTable
Ngam is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,250 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: 12th & 13th Streets
Transit: MTA Subway 14th Street and Union Square (MTA Line N / R / Q / L) 14th Street and 3rd Avenue (L Line) MTA Manhattan Bus M 101 / 102 / 103 M 15 M 1 / 2 / 3
Reviewed May 3, 2014

It is still authentic although it is a modern/creative Thai restaurant.

Our appetizers were the pork with roti and chicken wings which were marinaded in tamarind. Yummy!

I had the old school Pd Thai. Amazing! It was a bit too sweet for my taste and I wish I could have more options to make it more spicy, not only an option of chili sauce, which ruined the Pad Thai taste. The size was massive.

My boyfriend had the Massaman curry with roti. It looked really good, I didn't try. A friend of ours had the papaya shredded Pad Thai (instead of noodles), it looked creative. Another friend had something called Drunken noodles, he said that it was good.

I also had one of the cocktails which had ginger and vodka in it. It was lovely.

Overall, I had a very god dinner.

None of us tried the Thai burger, but it looked good in the website picture.

1  Thank Astri R

Reviewed April 29, 2014

You'll love it, specially if you're a thai food fan. It's a big and clean restaurant. Tables are long. Food presentation is nice and tasteful. It was quick. Modern, cool and young restaurant. Lacking wi fi.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

They had a ton of staff but we had to request our drinks 3 times. This may be because they were preparing for the we're preparing for the evening rush. The food was good and arrived well before the drinks.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Really great food and good service at the table. The beet dumplings and the kale and mushroom salad were excellent. We had booked a table but it wasnt available so we had to sit on the communal table which was fine but a bit annoying as we ended up waiting the same amount of time as those who just turned up without a reservation. However would definitely go back as the food is so good.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We booked well ahead of time for a large family group -- but were still seated at two seperate but nearby tables. Not what we were expecting. Then two different servers where assigned to each table -- seemed like a good idea at first, but they didn't communicte well. Drinks arrived at one table, but none at the other. While that table still waited for drinks, their appetizers arrived (spring rolls were amazing) -- the other table had to ask twice to get theirs. We had a smaller child with us -- a 5 year old who was a bit picky -- so we ordered plain noodles for her. They never came. Instead they sent an order of Pad Thai, which she would not eat and they charged us full price for (even though it was a small portion on a tiny plate). The pad thai was good, nicely spiced and well presented, but not quite the amazing dish we were waiting for. The other table never even got one of their entrees even after asking for it several times, so we cancelled that order and the waiter seemed upset. My brother in law went down the street and bought a happy meal for the hungry child they couldn't accommodate. The conclusion I make is don't go with a large party or picky little kids. I would love to try again with a small party of pad thai lovers and enjoy a better experience.