“Terrific pub food in a hectic atmosphere”
Review of P.J. Clarke's

P.J. Clarke's
Ranked #523 of 14,214 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I really like this place, even though it's usually crowded and noisy. They have a great oyster bar and the food is very good. The wait staff is professional and friendly, if a little overworked.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stumbled in here for lunch, and it was a happy accident. The French onion soup was rich but not too heavy, my market salad wasn't memorable, but it was lovely and fresh. I wanted to steal my kid's mac'n'cheese -- it was insane. And the bread pudding for desert was delish. It wasn't the cheapest lunch option in NYC, but I felt much better about the money I spent here than I did the burrito joint I ate at earlier in the week for half the price...

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We wanted an American Diner before heading for a show, and found PJ's on Tripadvisor. We arrived around 6pm to find the place heaving. Even from outside you could hear the chatter of happy diners. Front of house found us one of only 2 tables available. The menu is extensive, a little expensive, but hey it is New York! I had the fish and chips, and my Wife, the macaroni & cheese. Both were of a good size and tasted great. Even though it was busy the service remained efficient. On visiting the bathroom we found there are more tables downstairs. A bustling diner with a good atmosphere and great food. Recommend.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was very convenient if you're heading to the Lincoln Center for an event, but think of it as Applebee's. The food was of a much higher quality than Applebee's, but the fare was similar.
It was a great spot to hang with friends, but that's the standout quality.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Excellent bar, friendly bar tenders, sometimes raucous crowd, which is fun as opposed to intrusive. Big restaurant, checkered table cloths. Enormous menu. Can go for delish sliders and fries, steaks, chops, or for numerous fish dishes which range from basic to sophisticated and everything in between. Amazing raw bar especially for a City. Service, although a little amateur (they're mostly kids), is friendly and efficient. Front of house could be a little better handled but it's definitely worth the wait even if once you sit down and look at 20 empty tables you're not sure what that 10 minutes was for. A super choice pre or post Lincoln Center. The price is right, and if you have a window table, you'll see NYC going by in a charming way that almost feels like your in a European metropolitan hub. Say yes to PJ Clarke's, no matter what you want, they've got it, and they've got it good.