“Cute Red Check table cloths and hearty food”
Review of P.J. Clarke's

P.J. Clarke's
Ranked #632 of 13,639 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Glenelg, Australia
“Cute Red Check table cloths and hearty food”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is not a bad place to have dinner if you are in the Lincoln Centre area.
It seems to be always full and this creates a good atmosphere. The service was very good... they found us a table when it was extremely busy and gave us a lot of attention.
The meals were huge and we had to take leftovers home.
The mac and cheese side was delicious. So was the chilli pot!
We were also given a complimentary cheesecake for dessert which was very nice of the waiter and it was a fantastic cheesecake!

• Visited January 2013

• Polish first
Oakland, California
“Busy old fashioned bar / bistro”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is an old fashionted NY place, with the old tile floors and busy bar with good drinks. The service was good and quick since we had theatre tickets. The food is American. Although this place is across the street from Lincoln Center, it is not a tourist trap. It is authentic.

Visited December 2012
Pennsylvania
“Yuck.”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I wouldn't recommend it. Long waits, poor service, and even worse food. It was rather unfortunate, especially for the cost!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank whitderr
Bronx
“Go for the drinks and Not the Food!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Don't waste your money! I went there the other day on a recommendation from a ABC staffer. First of all I was greeted by the rudest sour face young woman ever. I couldn't believe they had her working the front door. But I moved on and then was waited on by a pleasant waiter who made several recommendations as I had never been there. He stated" we are well know for our burgers". So at this point my wife chose a burger with a side of sweet potato fries and I went for the recommended Brisket. We ordered two drinks which came quick. When the food came to the table the Burger was unappealing sitting on a little burger bun and covered by two pieces of earlier cooked rubber Bacon maybe 1884 with a dried out pickle and a single lettuce leaf. The Fries were cold and tasteless and not crisp. The Brisket was should I say like chewing rubber, there I said it. This was by far the worst meal ever. I called the waiter over who called the manager over who to her credit apologized and offered up a substitution. You can't fool me twice! We refused the offer and the meals were removed from in front of us and off the bill. What a disappointment!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank MichaelBronx
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“very good local bar”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

we just stopped for drinks because we had dinner plans already but were very impressed with the service and with the place in general, the inside is quite interesting and the decor well worth a look!

• Visited December 2012