“Busy old fashioned bar / bistro”
Review of P.J. Clarke's

P.J. Clarke's
Ranked #521 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is an old fashionted NY place, with the old tile floors and busy bar with good drinks. The service was good and quick since we had theatre tickets. The food is American. Although this place is across the street from Lincoln Center, it is not a tourist trap. It is authentic.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I wouldn't recommend it. Long waits, poor service, and even worse food. It was rather unfortunate, especially for the cost!

1  Thank whitderr
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Don't waste your money! I went there the other day on a recommendation from a ABC staffer. First of all I was greeted by the rudest sour face young woman ever. I couldn't believe they had her working the front door. But I moved on and then was waited on by a pleasant waiter who made several recommendations as I had never been there. He stated" we are well know for our burgers". So at this point my wife chose a burger with a side of sweet potato fries and I went for the recommended Brisket. We ordered two drinks which came quick. When the food came to the table the Burger was unappealing sitting on a little burger bun and covered by two pieces of earlier cooked rubber Bacon maybe 1884 with a dried out pickle and a single lettuce leaf. The Fries were cold and tasteless and not crisp. The Brisket was should I say like chewing rubber, there I said it. This was by far the worst meal ever. I called the waiter over who called the manager over who to her credit apologized and offered up a substitution. You can't fool me twice! We refused the offer and the meals were removed from in front of us and off the bill. What a disappointment!

1  Thank MichaelBronx
Reviewed January 9, 2013

we just stopped for drinks because we had dinner plans already but were very impressed with the service and with the place in general, the inside is quite interesting and the decor well worth a look!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We went to this restaurant as we were staying at the Empire Hotel next door and it was late and the kitchen was closed and we were a bit hungry. The bartender at our lobby bar suggested PJ Clarkes. We were pretty tired from walking around the city so we only wanted to grab a snack to go and eat in our suite. Much to our surprise, we had wished we weren't so tired. The atmosphere of this restaurant was great, fun music, and there was even a raw bar. The take out food we got was delicious, it was just some pick food such as hummus, but very good. It's certainly a plus that they serve food until pretty late! We look forward to coming here next time we are staying in the area again for some drinks and some oysters from the raw bar! It had a very "local" bar feel to this place and I like that.