“Tourist spot...good DJ”

Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Reviewed November 2, 2011

So a friend got a coupon to have some drinks at Polar Lounge. I'm from NYC and go out frequently. We went to this Lounge that is downstairs in the Marcel at Gramercy hotel. Good thing for the coupon the drinks were about $15 a pop. They were good, but not that good, and definitely not that large. We had an appetizer (calamari, ok a bit over cooked and the dipping sauce could have been of better taste) and our bill was still $50 with the coupon, personally I think they still ripped us off.

Worse was we were sitting someplace and when a group came in the manager nicely moved us rudely and didnt even offer a drink on the house or anything, he was like ok move over there. So eventhough the DJ was good it was time for the check. I'm not going to continue to give you my hard earned money and you be rude. The waitress was nice, the place had cool decor, nice for a private party. Looks like it can maybe hold maybe 75-100 but you would be smushed definitely. I would recommend to go if your a tourist and you want that fake NYC vibe, lol...otherwise I would recommend a bar somewhere on 23rd street.