“Mozzarella...yes please!”

Ranked #1,256 of 13,678 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Obica Mozzarella Bar is a casual contemporary Italian dining concept which offers the freshest buffalo mozzarellas and a wide range of traditional products and recipes including artisanal pizza. Obica NY Madison's tables are in a private corner of the stunning Atrium of the IBM Building, graced with enormous bamboo plants and oversize sculpture garden that make the Atrium a tourist landmark and the perfect spot for people-watching bustling Madison Avenue behind the floor-to-ceiling glass walls.
Fresno, Ca
“Mozzarella...yes please!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Hard to resist cheese! We accidentally found this one, and enjoyed a mid-day cheese and beer break! It's inside one of the Trump properties, in an atrium so it was warm and protected but sunny. Italian beer & food, though the name seems more Asian (?)We had a nice snack and had fun sampling the different varieties of mozzarella- who knew?! Restroom is a walk down into the building, but clean once you get there!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank iwannag0there

Ontario
“Disappointing...”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Having eaten at the Toronto location several time (and loving it) I was really looking forward to lunch here with a friend.
Wow, so disappointed......
Their lunch menu is extremely small, lacking most of the items available for dinner - you couldn't even order one of their amazingly delicious pizzas, something the Toronto location always has on their lunch menu. Our waiter thought he was being fast and efficient, but was actually curt and annoyed. The buratta was really good (which saves this review from being a 1 star), but the butternut squash soup was meh at best. Both were overpriced.
We ate as quickly as we good, gulped at the sticker shock of our final bill and left. Won't be going back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank shamrock123
“Good food, nonchalant service”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch with my son, he had a good pasta dish and I took the large cheese and meat cuts platter, both of excellent quality and well prepared. Waiter service does not match the quality of the setting though since we had to ask twice for a drink at the start of the meal and then he left for his lunchbreak himself leaving it to a collegue for us to pay the bill; sloppy.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“A calm oasis at the back of Trump Tower”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We popped in to this calm oasis at the back of Trump Tower following a busy morning exploring the Upper East Side and Midtown areas of Manhattan.

I'd never been to a mozzarella bar before and wasn't too sure what to expect. My mozzarella loving vegetarian fiance was keen so we gave it a try!

I was pleasantly surprised - a huge selection of (you've guessed it) mozzarella and accompanying dishes to choose from, I went for a thinly sliced beef and smoked mozzarella pairing which was delicious.

The staff were fun and friendly and the food was excellent value. We could have stayed here for a while enjoying a beer and calmly watching the world go by through the window.

• Visited January 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
“I got a Sfilatino con Speck Panini -- error”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We should have taken a table "inside" Obika where the menu that most people are reviewing looked pretty interesting. I goofed. Everyone sitting at an atrium table in the IBM building was on lunch break. All the tables were filled. It looked pretty nice, and so did the sandwiches available for "carry-out" to the atrium, so I ordered a panini. Once pressed and flattened, I could barely find the meat on my sandwich and the greens were only a bitter, green memory. For $9, perhaps the thinnest "Sfilatino con Speck" Panini I had ever seen.

• Visited January 2013