“Worth the walk. Go!”

and up
Sunset Tour of Central Park
Ranked #129 of 610 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Extensive Central Park tours offered at sunset, the most beautiful time of day. Your guide will bring the park to life for you while bringing you to well known sites like Strawberry Fields, the Central Park Zoo, Sheep Meadow, Tavern on the Green and Bethesda Fountain; as well as lesser known park gems. Visit The Ramble: Central Park's wild woods, Belvedere Castle, The Shakespeare Garden, and The Arsenal. Along the way, your guide will share stories of the park's history, explain the architecture, and reveal locations from your favorite movies.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the walk. Go!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've been living in the NY area for almost 25 years and have been missing out on Central Park's history, beauty, and wonder...until now. Thanks to tour guide Ryan for his park expertise. He was quite the pro and very personable, too. He made the 2.5-mile trek literally feel like a walk in the park. I'll still bring out of town guests to Times Square, but I'll makes sure they spend more time in Central Park checking out the sunset. Highly recommended.

1 Thank jayeminny

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“New Yorkers must go!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

As everyone's mentioned, this tour is great for tourists but even more fantastic for New Yorkers. I've been to the park a million times and saw things on this tour that I didn't even know were there. Ryan (aka Matt) was incredibly knowledgable and very personable. The tour passed by incredibly quickly as we moved at a great pace and covered an amazing chunk of the park. The humorous fun facts kept it alive and engaging. Would definitely recommend this tour and definitely recommend this guide.

Visited November 2012
TourCentralPark, Manager at Central Park Sunset Tours, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
We're very glad you enjoyed yourself on our tour. We're proud of all of our guides and firmly believe our guests will enjoy whichever one of them leads their group. However, it should be noted for sake of confusion that the guide referred to here as "Ryan (aka Matt)" is not the same as the Matt reviewed in other tours. We have two Matts and one of them goes by his middle name (Ryan) to avoid confusion like this. We hope you'll agree that either of them are fantastic.
New York City, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great for New Yorkers and Tourists”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I am a New Yorker- living just a few minutes outside the city. But like so many of us I never found the time to wonder through the park. This tour was perfect for a person like me! Our tour guide, Matt, was wonderful. He was extremely informative and knowedgeable. We stopped at many places I had never knew existed in the park like Belvedere Castle and Strawberry Fields. Matt gave us plenty of information about the history of the park and some current plans going on right now. We saw the legendary Tavern on the Green which is currently under construction but trusty Matt let us know what was going on. There is a pit stop on the tour for those who needed a rest, a drink, or just wanted some time to ride the famous Central Park carousel. The only thing I would have changed is the timing. I would have loved to have some more time in certain spots to take pictures as the scenery was beautiful. I will definitely be returning to the park to do some exploring on my own.

New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Gracious and professional”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Matt escorted us on the first tour of Central Park since it was ravaged by the hurricane. As lifelong New Yorkers we appreciated more than ever the enduring beauty and integrity of the park, thanks to Matt's insights into its genesis and design. He is impeccably informed, good humored and resourceful (especially in dealing with an unforeseen detour). For visitors and natives alike, these are hours worth spending in the park; excellent value, too.

Manhasset, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Interesting!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

It was a chilly dizzily day when Matthew lead our group on our tour of Central Park. The weather did not dampen our enthusiasm; in fact, it helped to reduce the crowds around Strawberry Fields, so we had the privilege of seeing the beautiful mosaic near the Dakota. Matthew was informative, knowledgeable and resourceful. He never let a question hang. If he didn't know the answer to one of our many questions he quickly looked it up on his trusty smart phone.
I've lived in New York and jogged around Central Park many times. Matthew led us to areas I had not discovered on my own. He shared lots of information about the history, people and architectural planning of Central Park. This is a great tour. A good time was had by all.

Visited October 2012